AAAAAUGH! - Signature crap!

I

Istanbul

People, people, people!! What's up with the posts that contain one line and the signatures that take up an entire freaking page?! Keep yourselves under control! Here's a tip: if your post isn't as long as or longer than your signature, DON'T POST. I don't mean to flame, and some of my favorite people here have the long signatures that I'm complaining about, but please...trim those sigs!

N

nanokill

Hmmmmm. I guess i do need a smaller signature it is like the longest one on the cpa exept for a few

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I agree with you isty. A sig should be 1 or 2 sentences. Those are the sigs i actually read but when i see one that is a paragraph i just skip over it.

F

Fire Slinger

I don't think mine's to to long. Of course I'm going to change in a few days anyway.

D

Duel

I'm trying my new one out now. The key is not to make it longer than your average post.

M

Multani

There is nothing wrong with my sig.
So what if it's a little long. ALL good movie quotes are long.
Besides, I might change this later on...:D

A

Almindhra

I actually agree with you Istanbul...I said that some months ago about people with long sigs...And I think I got flamed for it...Personally, I don't even read the sig if its long...Something short and sweet and straight to the point is more effective than someone's life story in a sig...

D

Duel

Multani, you're on the edge, there. It's nanokill and his kin that are bothering me.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
But I wouldn't call what happened a few months ago a flaming, Almindhra. If I remember right, a few people disagreed with you, and a couple got a little defensive, but I don't think there were flames involved, if I'm remembering it right.

I think the problem isn't the sigs, necessarily. I think it's the idea of what is basically a one-line spamish post with a sig that's like a dozen lines. It becomes a repetitive thing, especially in the Battle Arena, where people are going back and forth at each other. Some of those pages in there are 90%-95% sigs and only 5%-10% content. It makes it really hard to follow the thread, because who really wants to read the same thing over and over and over...

I think you're message gets lost when that happens. And the way I look at it, the whole point of posting here is to get your message out there for the rest of us to read, and comment on. If the content of your message is more important than your signature you don't want it to get lost, do you?

Think about it. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've gotta be honest, I don't really read the sigs either. I read the short ones more than the long ones because after the line delimiter, I either scroll down to reply or get to the next post or hit back.