4 Worry Beads

Lands (22)
3 City of Brass
2 Llanowar Wastes
2 Skyshroud Coast
6 Forest
5 Island
4 Swamp

This deck doesent really have a specific format, it's just a cheap man fun deck. Obviously, the point is to get the Worry Beads out, so every top-of-library card gives you two advantages; Stalling your oppenent, and getting rid of a card. I thought of a couple replacements for the Holisitc Wisdom niche in this deck. I'm not that big of a fan of the Wisdom, because it cannot ressurect my Worry Beads. Then again, I do have 4. Should I worry? Reclaim and Restock are other options that could fill that slot, though Reclaim is a "tad" counter-productive. Oh, by the way, I made this deck with no specific mana curve, so please help me out with that if you can.

Anyway....any ideas on how to improve the deck?

G

Griffith_se

Hmm...
I don't think I like Repel, Time Ebb would be
better I think.

Also, if the people you play against tend to use
a lot of forests use Submerge over Repel or Time Ebb.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Thanks for your suggestion about Time Ebb, I am deffinetly at least going to try it out.

I thought about Submerge, but I dont think it's worth the extra mana. This mechanic is the type of thing that either works very very very well, or is useless. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, my point is that the extra mana may break the decks back, make it fall apart. What do you think?

...I'm not explaining this very well, I fear. Either way, this deck is *alot* of fun to play with or against, I suggest anyone with the cards to try it. The best thing is nearly every card in the deck has a common/uncommon/crap rare equavilent!

G

Griffith_se

Originally posted by FoundationOfRancor

I thought about Submerge, but I dont think it's worth the extra mana. This mechanic is the type of thing that either works very very very well, or is useless. Do you know what I mean?
I'm not sure I understand. What I was getting at is that, if your
opponent is playing with forests and your playing with Islands
you could side in Submerge for Repel to take advantage of it's ACC.

I kinda had a TII legal idea, it's pretty bad though.

Creature's 9
1 Cognivore
Probably pretty bad, but the deck does have 20 instants so, what the heck. Never hurts to try something different ya'know?

4 Scrivener
4 Balshan Beguiler
Two more guy's ya'don't see very often.

Spell's 28
4 Repel
4 Mana Short
4 Memory Lapse
4 Temperal Spring
The decks theme

4 Predict
4 Millstone
Maybe the milling elements are counter productive, not sure.

4 Reclaim
Ya'might need sum'n back.

Land's 23
14 islands
4 Yavimaya Coast
5 Forest

Just an idea, I have no idea if would work or not.

Sideboard, would have to have a way of dealing with weenie type decks I suppose.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Griff:
My playgroup doesent use sideboards, we either maindeck a card or its no go.

An article on Magcithegathering said that Cognivore was actually going to be useful in the future...I dont know about that. Its worth a try.

I dont know about Balshan Beguiler, I dont think it's very effective.

Reclaim I'm all for.

I dont know if Predict is worth it or not. Sure, it useful if you have another 1U to use after you cast your bounce spells-but your bounce spells are pretty expensive. The effect doesent seem worth the risk of times its useless. Some of the same applies to Millstone, but I like the stone because its alot more flexible. I have found Worry Beads to be REALLY effective in this sort of deck. It turns ever bounce-library you have into a stall draw AND permanent destruction. Of course, if you run that, you'll have to cut the Reclaims.

What do you think?