A Variety of Creatures

A

Aneximines

Elket the Hollow {0}
Legendary Artifact Creature - Automaton (rare)
If ~this~ would leave play, remove it from the game instead.
From nothing it came, and to nothing it will return.
1/1

Necromantic Familiar {B}
Creature - Horror (uncommon)
Discard a creature card: Necromantic Familiar gains flying until end of turn.
Sacrifice a creature: Regenerate Necromantic Familiar.
1/1

Quirion Hierophant {G}{G}
Creature - Elf Druid (uncommon)
As Quirion Hierophant comes into play, choose a color.
{1}: Add one mana of the chosen color to your mana pool.
2/2

Ethereal Wisp {W}{U}
Creature - Wisp (rare)
Flying, protection from spells and permanents.
{1}: Ethereal Wisp phases out.
Only in enchanted worlds can Ethereal Wisps be found.
0/0

Peaceful Farmers {W}
Creature - Farmers (uncommon)
Peaceful Farmers can't attack.
{T}: Gain 3 life. Play this ability only during your end phase and only if you did not attack this turn and were not attacked last turn.
These farmers are timid, but in untroubled times they are quite productive.
0/1

Mistform Elder {3}{U}{U}
Creature - Illusion (rare)
{0}: Mistform Elder is the creature type of your choice in addition to its other creature types.
{0}: Mistform Elder loses all creature types.
3/4

Stalwart Page {W}
Creature - Soldier (rare?)
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Stalwart Page from sources you control.
1/1

Stalwart Attendant {5}
Artifact Creature - Golem (uncommon?)
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Stalwart Attendant from sources you control.
3/4

I

Istanbul

Hollow Automaton - No 0-mana creature has ever had a power greater than 0. There's a reason. I don't believe the concept works.

Necromantic Familiar - Should be 1/1.

Quirion Hierophant - Why not 2/2?

Ethereal Wisp - Wow, it...sucks. 0/0? Put into the graveyard as a state-based effect.

Peaceful Farmers - That's a lot of life. Make it 3.

The others seem fine.

A

Aneximines

Hollow Automaton - No 0-mana creature has ever had a power greater than 0. There's a reason. I don't believe the concept works.

I made this one because one mana just seems too expensive for a vanilla 1/1. Now that Unhinged is out maybe I could make this card cost half a mana...

Necromantic Familiar - Should be 1/1.

Okay. I'll leave the ? there for now, though.

Quirion Hierophant - Why not 2/2?

Sounds reasonable.

Ethereal Wisp - Wow, it...sucks. 0/0? Put into the graveyard as a state-based effect.

Note the flavor text. The idea was that the creature itself would be nigh unkillable (and unblockable) but that it would depend on other cards (like Parapet or Glorious Anthem) to stay in play.

Peaceful Farmers - That's a lot of life. Make it 3.

That's the amount I was first thinking of, but I bumped it up because your opponent can stop you from using it just by attacking. Still, I'll take your advice.

Thank you :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Hollow Automaton

How about: "If Hollow Automaton is the target of a spell or ability, remove it from the game." or "Hollow Automaton's poewr and toughness can't change. (It's always 1/1.)"

That might make it fair. Or keep your original text and make it Legendary.

Necromantic Familiar

1/1 definitely. Even then it's horrible, but it could get played in limited.

Quirion Hierophant

Not just 2/2, but uncommon.

Ethereal Wisp, I see what you'r getting at, but it's so situational that I can't see it costing more than {W}{U}.

Peaceful Farmers

I don't know what it used to say, but 3 seems like a good number. (What's the matter? Don't like humans [the creature type]?)

Mistform Elder

I dunno... I have a feeling it might be breakable. Dominates Mistform Ultimus, except for the extra {1}. Make the cost {3}{U}{U} and I still think someone will break it somehow.

Stalwart Page/Stalwart Attendant

These are pretty interesting. A set of these types of cards could make B/W Pestilence decks even sicker than they were (way back in the day) with pro-black critters. Imagine white weenie with red for burn and *gasp* Earthquakes. There was a time -- it seems so long ago -- that cards like this would be overpowered (or undercosted) but nowdays, white weenie could use a little boost. I would be wary though; this might now make it through a round of playtest without being marked up.

A

Aneximines

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
Hollow Automaton

How about: "If Hollow Automaton is the target of a spell or ability, remove it from the game." or "Hollow Automaton's poewr and toughness can't change. (It's always 1/1.)"

That might make it fair. Or keep your original text and make it Legendary.
I like the legendary idea. It would prevent the most obvious abuse of the card - dropping four on the first turn.

Necromantic Familiar

1/1 definitely. Even then it's horrible, but it could get played in limited.

So be it. I was imagining it as a utility creature for decks that want to move creatures into their graveyards (since it can move any amount of creatures from one's hand or in-play zone to one's graveyard for free at instant speed, unlike any real card), so I was unsure about what its power should be. But then even Goblin Welder has a point of power.

Quirion Hierophant

Not just 2/2, but uncommon.

Heh; I made this card before Orochi Leafcaller came out, and thought I should be cautious with a creature with such a unique mana filtering ability (there still isn't a cheap card that lets you filter any mana into green or blue, which this card could do).

Ethereal Wisp, I see what you'r getting at, but it's so situational that I can't see it costing more than {W}{U}.

Sounds good to me. I usually never mind making my cards cheaper.

Peaceful Farmers

I don't know what it used to say, but 3 seems like a good number. (What's the matter? Don't like humans [the creature type]?)

Well, I wasn't imagining them as humans, per se. Just the local sentient manipulative social life forms. Townsfolk seemed to fit the bill, and I kind of like that creature type. I suppose I could make them Farmers, though, since they wouldn't necessarily live in a town.

Mistform Elder

I dunno... I have a feeling it might be breakable. Dominates Mistform Ultimus, except for the extra {1}. Make the cost {3}{U}{U} and I still think someone will break it somehow.

Well, it does dominate the Ultimus, but the Ultimus sucks. It's vanilla and surprisingly unabusable. There's Endemic Plague, Alpha Status, and Tribal Golem, and that's about it (unless you want a four-mana vanilla addition to a tribal deck). The Elder does work better with the Plague, but for the most part if you're using cards that care about the creature type of your creatures, you should be playing a dedicated tribal deck to begin with, in which the Elder would be mediocre. I thought the Mistform creatures as a whole were overcosted and fairly lame, so I wanted to make a cool one (though expensive enough to be safely non-overpowered). Putting more blue in the mana cost does make sense, though.

I've also thought about this card:

Mistform Nomad {U}
Creature - Illusion
Flying.
~this~ is every creature type.
0/2

Sort of an uber Aven Envoy, or cheap Mistform Ultimus.

Stalwart Page/Stalwart Attendant

These are pretty interesting. A set of these types of cards could make B/W Pestilence decks even sicker than they were (way back in the day) with pro-black critters. Imagine white weenie with red for burn and *gasp* Earthquakes. There was a time -- it seems so long ago -- that cards like this would be overpowered (or undercosted) but nowdays, white weenie could use a little boost. I would be wary though; this might now make it through a round of playtest without being marked up.

I was a little worried about that, too. That's why I decided to make the cheap version white (the color least able to abuse the ability), and made the artifact version have a hefty mana cost for its p/t. The decks that could most abuse these cards, though, don't seem degenerately powerful, and I think they could absorb these creatures without becoming so.

Thank you for your comments :)