A stupid land deck for T1 mulitplayer

Has anyone ever made a successful 'land' deck?

• Yes (you can post it if you'd like)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (but its fun to play)

• Never tried

• I keep getting mana hosed

• Total voters
M

Mikeymike

This is totally conceptual right now. I might try to build this for my Weds. night game if someone has some good/better ideas. I play multiplayer so I try to build decks between 60-70 cards.

Creatures 8
4 Jolrael
4 Yavimaya Driud

Enchantment/Artifacts 13
4 Horn of Greed
4 Exploration
1 Fastbond
2 Powder Kegs (Jolreal)
1 Zuran Orb
1 Seismic Assault (for when I'm going to discard anyway)

Spells 14
3 Wrath of God
1 Enlightened Tutor
3 Disenchants
3 Fanning the Flames/Rolling Thunder/Urza's Rage/Ghitu Fire
3 Planar Birth/Tectonic Break (both can work but they don't compliment each other well)
1 Regrowth

Lands 30
3 Rith's Grove
2 Gemstone Mines
1 Taiga
2 Plateau
1 Savannah
3 Quicksand
1 Kor Haven
3 Ghost Town (Horn of Greed)
6 Forest
4 Plains
4 Mountains

I own zero Mazes of Ith or Molimos

Get a lot of Lands out, draw cards and drop Jolrael. Powder Keg is a nice insurance policy.

Besides Tectonic Break, can anyone think of a card that rewards me for a land advantage?

I'm also thinking about splashing blue just for Trade Routes, which will allow me to blow through the deck at break-neck speed

Cards I'm considering
Multani
Trade Routes
Spell Book
Nature's Resurgence (scares me though)
Stormbind
Eladamri's Call

All posts welcome

E

Ekaquinox

Molimo
He can become relly fat with lots of lands in play.
He he he he he.

K

krichaiushii

I once played something along these lines, but it used Burgeoning and Horn of Greed to fill my hand for great big Firestorms (multiplayer = lots of targets, lots of damage).
I used the Ghost Towns in the same way you seem to intend.

With a ZOrb and relatively few creatures (at least until Jolrael gets used), why not add a Balance?

Aside from a wide variety of X spells and by animating them for the attack, the only uses for land advantage I can think of are: buyback and the more excessive kicker costs may fit, but are situational, as well as the smaller handful of cards that allow you to sac land for effects, such as Dwarven Armory (kind of pointless in this particular deck) and the like.

If you end up going more into green, or just need more blockers until Jolrael comes into play, both Wall of Blossoms helps feed your hand, and the Fog variant that has sac a land as its buyback cost can help immensely.

Hope this helps.

M

Mikeymike

Krichaiushii, you're always coming through for me. Firestorm is a great idea, especially since its one of the coolest cards ever on so many levels. But Constant Mists is even better. That card is soooo underrated.

Both Molimo and Dirtcowl Wurms are great ideas, but I own zero Molimos. Dirtcowl Wurm I'll try, though. He would be stronger with some form of evasion, but he'll become a 10+ power pretty quick, I can make do with that.

Thanks guys!

K

krichaiushii

Mikeymike -- glad to help.

The Dirtcowl Wurm becomes a great big target at a speed directly proportional to the amount of counters on it, so consider some form of untargetability -- either the green enchantment affecting all your creatures, or splashing blue for the assorted creature enchantments that cause untargetability.

That's all.