A simple rant: by Yellowjacket

Killer Joe

Hi, I'm all about the first amendment and freedom of speech and all, but as a user of this site I am astonished at how many silly NON-MTG-RELATED posts there are anymore (including this one). What I mean is that I'm not in the business to tell any of you what to post but dog gone it just try to stick to the subject of MTG. Friendly banter is okay ie putting a jab at the end of a post about a fellow cpa'er or whatnot. Folks, people are getting offended, and though this is not a site that I'm a founder of, this is a site that I frequently visit because it's like no other I've been to before.
I've said this before, with growth comes pain, yes, yes, yes, growth is good, but if we don't start policing ourselves (like keeping posts' free of any slander in any section, to include Battle Arena) then this place may become an intergalactic trash dump for the benign and uninformed.
Ask yourself this: What and how many quality MTG related posts or responses have you contributed lately?
I know I'll start doing my best.

A very concerned CPA member.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Well, I agree for the most part, but I thought the Off Topic forum and Battle Arena forums were created so people could talk about non-MTG stuff. I agree about vicious attacks in the Battle Arena though; I thought it was meant for good-spirited, creative battles among "friends".

As I've said before in another post though, it seems rather quiet in the Magic world. All people can really do right now is help with decks; there doesn't seem to be any burning Magic issues to talk about (well, maybe speculation on Prophecy).

I

Istanbul

I was under the impression that the Battle Arena was for flames. As such, I used it in that way. I'm not used to pulling my punches in flamewars, so I don't. The reason I left was because I thought that some people were actually starting to take offense.

I won't be posting there again anytime soon.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The Battle Arena IS for flames, and, as such, some of your's were pretty good. You DID lay it on a bit thick though :eek:.

We're in a bit of a Magic "dead-zone" right now, as we almost always are around this time of the year. I think this happens every 4 months or so, though the speculation about upcoming stand-alones is sometimes enough to keep things interesting...

Don't worry. Things will pick up in a few weeks. ;)