A Reminder....

F

FoundationOfRancor

Recently, I decided to join the crew of our current play "Hello Dolly."

The crew is horrible disorganized, but the good thing is it gives me and my friend Jason some time to play magic together (Jason is LinSivvi on these boards).
Anyway, I played the best game of magic I have *ever* played. It was with him the other day. I was playing a type casual nifty w/g/r deck, and he was playing a cheesy Enchantment-ChoManno-Pariah-Worship deck. My deck was very challenging to play and him challenging to play against. (Jason is a very good player)

I was so concentrated into our game, that I didnt even notice when people came up and talked to me. I was that into our game.

Im telling you all this because frankly, I was losing hope for magic. I find it hard to gather the few friends I have left together to play magic, and even then it lacks and real "magic" feel. The other night however, I was regenerated with hopes and dreams about magic. It reminded me of when I first got into the game. It was awesome!

Just a reminder to all of you losing hope for magic...magic is still alot of fun:)

(Does any of this post make sense? Im pretty sick right now...)

E

ErinPuff

I've never really let Magic lose its fun for me.. Though it's awfully annoying that my brother STILL doesn't understand the phases of a turn, and gets mad at me whenever I abuse his end of turn, it's still fun.. I miss the old days, though.. when lands had actual text on them and summoning sickness wasn't called Haste.. *sigh* But it's still fun.

S

Salacious Crumb

I used to like magic a lot more than i do now, but i still play it.:D

hoipa

Z

Zadok001

Magic is stunning. Not just as a game, but as a community. I wouldn't play Magic if I couldn't come to these boards, laugh out loud, and post my thoughts. :) As a game, Magic is the deepest and most challenging thing in the world. As a community, it's complicated, friendly, and thoughtful. Spectacular.

D

Dead

like Zadok says, it's the community aspect that really makes Magic for me... At school there's now about a dozen of us, you can guarantee a multiplayer at lunch- it's a great way of bringing people together. The .net aspect and tournaments is simply an extension of that- the ppl i tend to game against online are the same as those i battle in the realworld, it's just the formats and card availability that makes it different.
If magic was just a computer game, endless 1 on 1 duels against computer opponents, it wouldn't be anywhere near as engaging- it's the personalities that matter.
I'm also a firm believer that multiplayer and wacky formats are what up the fun level the most, as at times i get sick of pure control decks or the cutthroat world of 2 player duelling- in a big melee there's room for slower, more entertaining plays, better chances for bizarre card interactions through weight of players, bigger, fatter creatures and an element of politics.
So yeah, magic is still fun, so long as you have a strong community of players- if you're losing faith in type 2 and the tournament scene, rediscover your casual roots and play some big games...

I

Istanbul

The big trouble is the heavy emergence of the tournament scene. In Dallas (or at least Richardson), you can't pick up a casual game. Can't. Unless you're in school, but I'm not. EVERYBODY is interested in either improving their tournament deck, or turning their casual deck into a tournament deck. And yes, I've looked.

But then, that's why I wrote my article.

Killer Joe

FoR: I'm really glad you shared that with us, this is a "Positive" story.
So many times, folks want to post "Negative" stories, it's an uphill battle.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Thanks YJ, Im surprised you guys could figure out what I ment; the original post doesent make much sense;)

As Hetemi implied, it doesent matter who won. It was fun.

Proceed:)

N

Neo_Keo

..What if 20 years from now we have the option of recording our post online. They'll have a little Hyperlink and when they hit it they'll hear our voices spoken with feeling instead of the smiles ( I have nothing against them they are cool ) just thinking......