A question to all the MTGnewsers here.......

D

Dementia

Has MTGnews been down for you for the last 2 days now?

Is there some reason why it's down that I don't know about or am I the only one who it won't work for?

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong on this forum, but I don't know where else to put it.

B

Baskil

The sky is falling on internet magic, didn't you know? ;)

Seriously, it doesn't work for me either. Maybe it's down for good, out with a whimper? It wouldn't suprise me.

M

Mundungu

I haven't been able to connect to Starcity for while now either.

They have a message up that they are changing server or something.

Seems to me like the same message a while ago. Wassup with that ?

Is the Dojo disease spreading ???

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, the good thing is that we are staying up(knock on wood). That means we are the best!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Baskil

Originally posted by Mundungu
I haven't been able to connect to Starcity for while now either.
They have a message up that they are changing server or something.
That issue should be resolved by next week (at least that's what the owner tells his minions ;))

D

Dementia

Infidels!!!!!

I care not for StarCity. I don't wanna hear about StarCity.

I wanna know about MTGnews.

MTGnews damn it all!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with MTGnews!:(!:(!:(!

H

Hetemti

If I remember correctly, which there is a 4% chance of, DG was running the site off of a server at work. Perhaps an Observer triped on the cord, found it's source, exclaimed ¡No se permite! and yanked it off.

E

ErinPuff

Or at least, I could get on it twenty-seven seconds ago..

(*sigh* I'm full aware that I should have edited my first post instead of making a new one.. oh well)
okay, I'm editing.. I just got on.

I'll shut up about this now. :)

D

Dementia

It's back up now!!!

Any suggestions/explanations of why it went down are still welcome though:)

S

Salacious Crumb

Perhaps they're server was down. Well, that wasn't a very good explanation...
That happened to my website before, though!

Hoipa

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If MTGNEws is back up, is there a way to ask the admin? That way you can get an answer from him, rather than second-hand guessing from other users :)

F

fuzzy510

That was weird. Although, I don't frequent MTGNews very often, SO....

S

Salacious Crumb

So... why does anyone care WHY something happened? If you spending your life thinking of the WHY's then you'll miss all the whats, wheres, whens, and whos...

Hoipa, trying to be smart

I remain...
A soviet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it might be nice to know WHY MTGNews was down to see if it's becoming unreliable. I don't check the Dojo anymore because I know WHY they aren't updating... otherwise, I'd probably still be checking to see if they updated today or not.

D

DÛke

...Moderators of the CPA have it easy goin' for them...:)

MTGnews is a killer...

MTGnews is down because DG is absent, that's why...I'm no Admin, but I'm a Mod...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there's a separation of functions between Mods and Admins at the CPA... it's basically one and the same.

D

Dementia

"The 3-day outage was caused by the out of disk space. The log rotater went down while I was away and didn't purge the old log files, so they filled up the disk."

That's how he explained it. I don't understand what it means but there's the answer.

And Duke: Do you even Moderate? I haven't even seen you on the boards in a while.