A Night of Magic

Killer Joe

I am hosting a Night of Magic at my house in New Ken this Saturday (you're invited if you can hop on a flight that day or drive an all nighter).

I haven't had one in a while because of "Life" ANNNNND because I persoanlly haven't been a lot of magic lately and not because I DON'T have the time but I've really been excited about D&D.

Back on topic: I am going to play this Sat. with my huge collection of pre-con decks I've accumulated over the years and have always wanted to play them for REAL but I always seem to pull out the "Killer Decks" an hour before folks show up.

I whole-heartedly expect to be "ganged-up" on becuase of my shady behavior in the past but that's okay, I deserve it. :cool:

I do have my favorite pre-cons though and The Blue-White one from Tempest is going to be my first choice. It's called Deep Freeze and you can see it here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythemedeck.asp?set=tempest&decknum=1&lang=en

Pretty good, in fact, DARN GOOD compared to how they construct the per-cons today. Another favorite I plan on playing is The Black/White one from Guildpact called Code of the Orzhov: http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythemedeck.asp?set=guildpact&decknum=1&lang=en

I have other favorites, too, but I don't know which ones I'm going to play, I'll let you know.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So I have to make up some decks?
Can you wait for 10 minutes or so? :D

I am bringing my Leviathan deck......

Ransac? It's only about a 2 hour drive for you..... hahahahahaha

Spidey, It's only about 4 or 5 hours for you....... :eek:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
Pretty good, in fact, DARN GOOD compared to how they construct the per-cons today.
Do pre-cons still suck? Apparently the ones I was buying when I was new to the game ruined everything by actually being playable (I'm talking about the Urza's and, to a lesser extent, the Rath precons), so they scaled them down again, but I thought maybe after all these years and changes, that would have gone away too...

R

rokapoke

Ask me three years ago, when I was still at Pitt, and I would've been in. It's a much longer drive from the Philly area.

Killer Joe

Well, I mostly stuck to my promise of playing with pre-cons. There were 11 of us at my house. We mostly played "teams of 2" all night and it was a lot of fun.

I'll you more later...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
I'll you more later...
Wow He didn't "you" at all on Sat..... I can't wait for him to "you" later.....

BTW - Humility totally wrecks my Leviathan deck.... I need some removal in that deck..... specifically enchantment removal...... ugh....

Killer Joe

...anyway, Mooseman came over around three and waited outside for like 10 min. until I realized that I had company comming and I finally let him in. :rolleyes:

We were going to play DnD but it was just us two so we played two games of Stargate instead. I like that game but I had to have Moosie show how to play again, he beat the snot out of me. Our second game I had more of a clue but he still beat me. Oh well, it was fun to play it IRL (In Real Life).

By 6 pm another friend of ours showed up and we played a three-way chaos game. I was playing with the UW Deep Freeze pre-con from Tempest and I can't remember what Moosie or Warry (the other friend-not real name but darn close). Mossie wins and we play another one. Moosie wins. I should just copy and paste that phrase cause it happened alot this night.

However, as promised I play most of the night with pre-cons:
Deep Freeze (UW) from Tempest
Elvish Predation (G) from Lorwyn
Code of Orzhov (WB) from Guildpact
Beyond the Grave (BGR) from Coldsnap
Tombstone (UWB) from Urza's Saga

But then i couldn't help myself, I had to play a "Killer" deck and so I whipped out my version the UGr SnakeTongue Deck - It has Flametongue Kavu, Mystic Snake and some counterspells and card drawing with a little muscle in the way of Call of the Herd and the 2/2 green creature that was popular called ???? you could discard a card to pump it by 1 and give it pro color of your choice, anyway, Moosie was my partner and we cleaned house.

I ended the night with my MBC (mono-black control) deck that had a lot to do on turn one: Chrome Mox (discard a black card), Swamp, Dark Ritual, then I played two drawing spells, let me tell you, it was a lot to do but not very spectacular. Moosie killed me with his Sneak Attack-Leviathan-Fling combo or almost killed me, Old Guy smaked me with an Incinerate to polish me off.

It felt good to play again even if I did put my imposed restrictions on myself.

I

Izaryo

Killer Joe said:
and the 2/2 green creature that was popular called ???? you could discard a card to pump it by 1 and give it pro color of your choice,
you're talking about Wild Mongrel :D one of my fave green cards

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
Did you all know that Mindy and friends once came to visit me at my crib? Yup, about five years ago! :)
You were in a crib five years ago? Aren't you a little old for that? :rolleyes:

A

Almindhra

Spiderman said:
You still playing Magic?
Naw, I haven't been. I was addicted to World of Warcraft, but I've now given that up. For the time being, I'm laying off of games (except for getting my coherts together and playing Rock Band). Although, I would like to play a game of Magic or get together with people and play again for a bit, but with the cards I know and love! Not any of this crazy crap they've come out with these past few years. ;)

And wow, has it been 5 years already, YJ? I bet your girl has really grown up since then. I'd like to make it to Pittsburgh again someday (see a Steelers game!). I know you won't be making it back to Bingoland anytime soon, haha.