A new card type...sorta

Discussion in 'Home Made Cards' started by Rando, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Rando Freaky Bear

Has anyone ever thought of instants, sorceries and enchantments that only use colorless mana?

Ya know, something with a silver card color, and an extention of artifacts and artifact creatures.

Just wondering...
  2. superguy Helpful CPA Member MAGICBOY

3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

They probably ought to cost a tad more than their colored counterparts...
  4. Rando Freaky Bear

I agree.

For example...

Generic Burn 3
    Instant
    Generic Burn deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Generic Draw 6
    Instant
    Target player draws 3 cards.

Or something to that effect. I'd say the cost of a regular colored spell, times 1.5, or maybe 2.
  5. Thallid Ice Cream Man 21sT CeNTuRy sChIZoId MaN

The border wouldn't be silver; it would be grayish, like the borders of lands.
    Sorceries and instants would end up being pretty boring, however, because they'd mostly have to be colorless versions of other ordinary spells.
    The cards would only get interesting with enchantments.
  6. Rando Freaky Bear

I wouldn't think it borring to have burn in an otherwise all blue deck, or counters in a all green deck, or card drawing in a white weennie deck. I think it would be pretty spiffy. Let's remember that Chaos Orb and Aelophile were included in lots of blue decks, because they offered direct damage and on-board destruction to a deck that would otherwise be lacking.

Generic Counter 4
    Instant
    Counter target spell.
  7. FoundationOfRancor The Gunslinger

I thought up a kind of thing like that awhile ago. I thought it was kinda restrictive, so it ended up being Artifice. Rando, me and you were thinking on exaclty the same train of thought!

Its an excellent idea.