A moment of silence please.

C

Cateran Emperor

It's never easy burying a friend. It's even worse when that friend is only 18. Yet that's what I did today.

My good friend Paul Gubitosi was killed very early Sunday morning in a driving accident. He hit a tree while trying to avoid a deer.

I've spent the entire weekend trying to console everyone else who knew Paul, and it wasn't until this morning that I realized how much I myself missed him. I've had to blow off English papers and Math homework and German projects and more this whole weekend. Thankfully, my teachers all understood why I didn't do them. I simply didn't have the heart to do such things in a time such as this.

I've been friends with Paul for almost three years now. We were on the football team, we were in German National Honor Society together, and most importantly, we've been on our school's competitive Model Congress team all this time. Our delegation took home first place at Rutgers Model United Nations last fall, and Paul was there. I remember him remarking how great it was to be the US on the World Bank, as he comprised 66% of the committee's vote. He was the majority by himself.

Our team beat schools twice, even three times our size simply because we've gotten so experienced at debate. Me and Paul were always the two huge, intimidating members of the team, walking at the front and rear of the delegation when we went to New York "because you never know". I'll miss all those times when we walked down the city streets, clearing the way for all the smaller members of the team as we ran to the next committee session.

This year, Paul served as our clerk while I was our vice president. Week after week Paul was always there for our debates, providing a voice of reason for the more volatile freshmen members.

Paul was a Senior who would be graduating this year. He'd been accepted to New York University. We was the President of the local National Honor Society and the local German National Honor Society. He served in Model Congress for three years, and served on the football team for one year.

Most of all, he was our friend.

Feel free to reply or not, but I thank you for reading all the same. Paul may be gone, but his memory lives on.

D

DÛke

...I'm sorry...

I'm sorry...

...I'm sorry

...I'm sorry...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man

You know, my brother went through the same thing, this weekend. His best friend's brother O.D.ed and passed away at the age of 19.

*sigh*

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

dw51688

...a student at my school recently died, he had a heart condition...

...I feel bad because I really didn't like him and my last words to him weren't that nice. He was pompous, stubborn, and cruel. But nevertheless I want to say sorry...

...I am confused because I don't know if I really am sorry, or because I feel really bad for him and am doing it for sympathy... sigh...

...sorry CE...

F

fuzzy510

CE, I'm sorry. I can't really say that I know how you feel, because I've never been in this situation before. I'm sorry. My consolations go out to you and Paul's other friends and Paul's Family. :( :( :(

[Edited to make sense, now that a previous post has been removed. -- Zadok001]