A major issue on MTGO

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm kinda surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

But you gotta be smart yourself from what it sounds like with the security questions...

M

Mr_Pestilence

Total cards/$ lost due to "security problems" - 0/$0
Total time lost due to server problems - 0:00
# of times ripped off in trades - 0
# of games lost due to connectivity issues - 0
$ wasted buying digital copies of worthless cards - $0

My lack of investment in MTGO just keeps paying dividends!

C

Chaos Turtle

I read that article. It's just a bunch of whining about someone too stupid to create a secure security question.

Since you can make up the question yourself, it's more secure than a lot of places, which just give you a list of questions to choose from, that are only "secure" from people who don't know you. If a person can't come up with a unique question that literally no one else can answer (like mine) without psychic powers or a miraculous guess, one should at least be able to come up with a question that can't be guessed at easily.

So sorry, I feel bad for the poor guy who let his pretend cards get stolen, but it's just childish whining to blame the system when the fault lies with the user.

O

orgg

Do you have a good security question?

Then you don't have to worry about this.

If you've done some idiotic thing with your security qustion, ultimatly, what do you expect? someone who abuses it.

N

NorrYtt

Nice read. Wow is my job boring.

I've spent $23.74 on MTGO. That was for 2 draft sets of ONS. I got to play for about 8 drafts with winnings and sells but I eventually lost it all. I traded some U/G madness (huge at the time) for a Domain engine (4 Rampant Growth, 4 Harrow, 4 Worldly Counsel, 24 basic lands, 2 Holistic Wisdom, 2 Questing Phelddagrif). It's an amazingly fun and powerful deck.

The virtual parties were great. I pulled a Sliver Queen which went right into my Domain deck. Mirari's Wake + Sliver Queen = some good.

T

train

I wonder sometimes about sniffers (especially wireless) and someone cracking it all...

Of course - WoTC could just set back the servers...:rolleyes: