A Magic Suitcase?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a free program out there that can catalog and keep track of our Magic cards? I tried using Microsoft Access but am a novice at it and it would save a lot of time if something's already out there :)

D

Dead

because it's for collectors rather than online gamers , suitcase doesn't get the support it needs compared to apprentice and netdraft. You can make new matches yourself, although it's a slow process. Dragonstudios released suitcase 5, which i used, and there's a patch on my site (http://www.deadnet.org.uk) that takes you to apocalypse (still working on odyssey). Most usefully, it can load the magictraders.com pricelist textfile to update the value of your cards and thus value your collection / trade list.

www.perldragon.com is the best place for support, as they released suitcase 7, and are working on suitcase 2 (think of the first lot as v1), but i've not had much joy with sc6 as it made it near-impossible to design custom cards, so i haven't upgraded to sc7 yet. They currently have a full database file up to odyssey, and sc5 and 7 downloads, about 10Mb each tho :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But the most important part is that if I have 5 Revised Regenerations, there's a list or something there that will let me put in "5" for that certain card, right?

And can it sort like Apprentice, like by set or color or casting cost or whatever? That's just a bonus though; not really necessary.

R

rkoelsch

Yes suitcase can do some nice stuff. lets you design decks and check your inventory to see what cards you need. Be careful though if you put this on a work machine. Earlier versions had problems with NT and MS access. Fixes are in for that but make sure you get at least version 5.