A hole in the "ozone" layer

F

FoundationOfRancor

WHat is your favorite set in the MM block and why? Mercadian Masques, nemesis, Prophecy? I would put this in the voting forum, but I wanted it as more of a discusson rather than just people voting. Im gonna go with Phroechy. I love it! The cards are just so fun to play with! And everybody loves big cretures, big spells, and legends.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Definetly Legacy. Not for any specific cards that are in it, but for the set design, which all sets should be based after (sure there was Memory Jar.... but every set gets at least one broken card, right? :D)

C

Cateran Overlord

I really can't decide. All of the Masques sets are the best in T2 right now (Urza could've been good, but had to be broken :( ). I'd have to go with masques simply because I love the atmosphere the cards give off. Much brighter than urza's block with dreary locales like Phyrexia and Rath. No offense to anyone who likes that kind of thing of course. Prophecy is probably the most fun set to play with, tied with MM. I'm kind of indifferen to Nemesis.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Yeah Y, whats your fav MM block set? overlord, I know what you mean. Atually, I love ALL the sets in the MM block!!! I just like PR a little better cuz of all the legends and big stuff.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Doh!

Prophecy, because it is the only balanced set in the entire block. I'm not counting "stupifyingly boring" as balanced. :D

And because I got an Avatar of Woe and a Heightened Awareness in my first two packs. :D:D.
Then again, Nemesis did have the "showpiece" character Legends, Volrath, Crovax, and the Predator. All of which I got in my first three packs. :D:D:D

I

Istanbul

Nemesis comes in third...I guess Prophecy would be my fave. It's just really hard to open up a pack of Prophecy, see the rare you get, and groan. Much easier in Mercadian Masques, and fairly likely in Nemesis (Sivvi's Valor, Pale Moon, Aether Barrier, Stronghold Gambit, Murderous Betrayal, Belbe's Portal, etc).

A

arhar

On topic:

Of course, Prophecy! "What a Russian doesn't like fast rides?" (Nicolai Gogol) Err, I mean, what a casual player doesn't like big creatures? ;)

Off topic:

About that pack opening and groaning.... I bought a pack of Revised for $10.... I ripped the plastic apart and I've pulled..... Elvish Archers!!!! Not too bad, as the store owner pointed to me, because I *could* get a Deathlace... or Fungusaur! But I also could get a Fork, a Royal Assasin, or a Dual Land :)

S

Seeker of Truth

Istanbul:

I think you're right about Prophecy's rares. Even if they're not playable, seeing a wind or an avatar in the rare slot definitely counts as a "score" for me! It's always a lot more satisfying to see one of those monster cards in the rare slot than something you need to build a combo deck around, for example.

Y The Alien:

I know what you mean, and this ties in to what Istanbul said. At the Prophecy prerelease, I pulled Avatar of Fury, Blessed Wind and a foil Plague Wind. Needless to say, I fell in love with Prophecy soon after that.

S

Spaceman Spiff

tag guard

Prophecy!, definatly!

I love how the cards are balanced like for 9 mana you get a killer deal or the avatars, (woe being my fav.)just BRUTAL in multiplayer games...

N

nodnarb24

I have to vote for prophecy because it has a lot of good cards in rares uncommons and commons. I personally think that nemisis sucks because their are some good cards but all the rest is just crap. I also think that MM is also a good set because it is a well balanced set