A /good/ odyssey card!

D

Dead

Confirmed at the sideboard, (http://www.wizards.com/sideboard/article.asp?x=sb20010919b ) , the following card appears in Odyssey, and what's more it's only uncommon-

Price of Glory 2R
Enchantment
Whenever a player taps a land for mana during another player's turn, destroy that land.

OK, so it isn't city of solitude but i still like it more than much of what we've seen so far... still trying to decide on how much of a drawback it will be for red to not be able to burn holes in things at instant speed, as weighed up against being able to punish blue control ( as pointed out, end of turn fact or fiction is spectacularly less desireable ) , but in the new standard at least it should be very harsh...

Z

Zadok001

A beautiful, beautiful card.

Oh, wait.

I play blue.

KILL KILL KILL KILL!!! :)

The drawback associated with it is perfectly balanced with the hosing effect of the card. I LOVE how that thing was conceptualized. Perfect.

I

Istanbul

The fact will never matter in Type II, but...
...Rhystic spells just got a lot better.

H

Hetemti

Dang it. Now Red's so week it has to castrate itself to survive. This is sad.

N

NeuroDeus

Anti-control... what? are you sure... this card is a real stonker for R/U only for Type I but... a nice deck with FoW/thwarts/dazes/foils and other ACC spell and this beauty... might make crappy sorceries worthwile to play... Im gonna build a control deck around this card... mmm nicey

N

NeuroDeus

Hey wait... how about

Sacred Ground
1W, Enchantment, Stronghold & 7th Rare
Whenever an effect controlled by any opponent puts a land into your graveyard from play, put that land into play.

Price of Glory
2R, Enchantment, Odyssey Uncommon
Whenever a player taps a land for mana during another's player turn, destroy that land.

L

Lotus Mox

Neurodeus: that's an insane combo.

Sacred Ground + Price of Glory + Donate = infinite mana :D

N

NeuroDeus

Yeah... I forgot donate... whoopy lot of mana... but a tri-combo... maybe a bit of draw