A different kind of ravager deck...

R

Rooser

That's right! I made a really snurfy deck for Type 2. It are teh beating!

I calls it, Steel Affinity, because the deck is %100 artifacts. Tell me what you think!

Mana (24)
Talisman of Unity x4
Talisman of Impulse x4
Tree of Tales x4
Darksteel Citadel x4
Great Furnace x4
Vault of Hoohah! x4

Affinity Things (12)
Myr Enfacesmasher x4
Frogmite x4
Tooth of Chiss-Goria x4

Zero-Things (8)
Welding Jar x4
Ornithopter x4

One-Things (12)
Skullclamp x4
Arcbound Worker x4
Scrabbling Claws x4

The Man of the Hour (4)
Arcbound Ravager x4

Sideboard (15)
Naturalize x4
Oxidize x4
Pyroclasm x4
Scale of Chiss Goria x3

This deck is good like affinity, but fun like not-affinity. I'll be honest, the pure artifact approach is kinda just a gimmick, but you'd be surprised how consistently it gives you those explosive first and second turns simply because EVERYTHING is an artifact. Anyway, a fun alternative for those who feel tourney viability has tainted their otherwise lovable affinity decks.

R

Rooser

Whoa, whoa! Pyrite spellbomb? You don't want this to accidentally become a good deck, do you? But seriously, I kept spellbombs out because I didn't want no attachment to a color in the main deck. That said, I don't see why they can't go in the board instead of the Scales.

R

Reverend Love

With the Talismans you've got all kinds of spashable options. Are you trying to keep it strictly type two?

T

Tabasco

.......but If nothing else, the spellbombs also cantrip.

Besides you have red mana anyway. It's worth a shot

And why not Disciple of the Vault?.....ya ya I realize you want all artifact and no color attachment, but with all the sacrificing and clamping...why not?

R

Rooser

I guess because I'm intentionally building a rogue deck, and it's really supposed to be for fun, and I'm defying convention on purpose. I mean, if I wanted to improve this deck obviously my next move is to just netdeck a ravager affinity deck.

Since my definition of "casual" is that you include flavor as part of your strategy, I'm just gonna hide behind my otherwise illogical demand on keeping this entirely artifact.

T

train

I think the spellbombs would still be rogue...

What about...

Dark Banishings... just to angst other ravagers...;)