A Deck and Combo I Think is Neat-O

M

Master Shake

I am just going to list random ideas that I had.

Scent of Jasmine + Isochron Secpter

also, in the same deck, we can cram

Orim's Chant + Isochron Secpter

The deck goes a little something like:

20x Plains
4x Scent of Jasmine
4x Isochron Scepter
4x Wrath of God
4x Orims Chant
4x False Prophet
4x Test of Endurance
4x Disenchant
4x Abeyance
4x Enlightented Tutor
4x Swords to Plowshares

So, what the heck does it do

The idea behind the deck is simple: Annoy your oppenet to death

Of course, that is not always reliable, so we can devise some other way to win.

Scent of Jasmine

W - Instant

Reveal any number of white cards in your hand. You gain 2 life for each card revealed this way.

Hmmm... that looks like it could work well. I remember using it in my first WW deck, nothing like gaining 10 life on turn one. It is a nice way to start out the game. If only there was a way to keep... wait a second...

Isochron Scepter

2 - Artifact

Imprint -- When Isochron Scepter comes into play, you may remove an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less in your hand from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.)

2, T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost.

Wait a second... let me get this straight, I can keep using my Beloved Scent of Jasmine for ten or more life a turn? Awesome!

Wow... what else can I use with this?

Orim's Chant - Stop my oppenets from playing anything?

- Sure

Abeyance - Stop my oppenets from doing nasty things and I get to draw a card?

- No Problem

Disenchant - Whipe out my oppenets unfun Artifacts and Enchantments?

- Nifty

Swords to Plowshares - Rip whatever creatures my oppenets are hodling away from them?

- Yes!

Enlightented Tutor - Grab more scpeters and the card that I might as well win with?

- Right on.

So, now that we have established why half of the cards are in the deck, what about the rest.

Wrath of God - Do I really need to explain this?

False Prophet - He is basicly another Wrath of God, he is exchangeable, but... I like him.

Test of Endurance - So... when you are gaining... oh... 10 to 16 life per turn... what do you do with it all? Win with it, of course.

So really, what does the deck do?

Turn One: Plains, Go
Their Upkeep: Orim's Chant.
Turn Two: Plains, Scpeter, Imprint - Scent of Jasmine
Turn Three: Reveal X Cards Gain X*2 Life.

A Few Turns later: Test of Endurance
Your Next Turn: Taunt your oppenet

You know you wanted to win with Test of Endurance, and even better, a Common from UD that some guy in Michigan used when it first came out. This is your chance, build the deck!

Feel free to critique it.

M

Mikeymike

I would definitely use the D-chants over the Seal of Cleansings in here. Seals are great, but with the D-chant you've got another potential Scepter target.

Abeyance would be strong as well, giving you a cantrip and a slightly weaker Chant. The cantrip aspect is nice b/c it also can make your Scents more powerful.

T

train

I really like the idea - it's not blue, and has some staying power!

And to compliment the chants, abeyance... you even get to draw...

as for everything else - Some Magetas might prove stronger for you than false prophets...

M

Master Shake

Yeah, Megeta could work well over False Prophet, but... then again Megeta hurts my hand.

I think I will repost the deck, explaining what it is that it does.

I

Istanbul

With a bit of blue and Life Burst instead of Scent of Jasmine, you could Intuition for three Life Bursts, imprint the one you get on the Scepter, and gain 12 a turn regardless of your hand size.

13NoVa

ok i have a VERY limited time, so im gunna just do a Speed-brainstorming of this deck idea. (type 1 of course, after all, i am a type 1 communist :) )

[7 artifacts]
4x Isochron Scepter
2x cursed scroll
1x sol ring
1x chrome mox

[28 white]
4x Scent of Jasmine
4x life burst
4x Orims Chant
2x mageta the nazi
1x test of endurance
4x Disenchant
4x Abeyance
1x Enlightented Tutor
4x Swords to Plowshares

[25 lands]
8x white fetchlands
14x plains
1x strip mine
2x wasteland

I think this build will work a lot better, because you can hardcast spells to hold opponents until you get the nazi into play. The fetchlands thin your deck, allowing you better chance to draw into goodies.

isochron options
~dissenchant= obvious choice if you're playing an enchantment heavy deck
~ sent of jasmine = still a good option, but no longer a nesassary part.
~ abayance = cantrip
~ chant = hold opponents off completely
~ life burst= 2 mana for a decent amount of life. you dont NEED to ditch off 3 right away (ala intuition) in order for this to be effective. you STILL Get a decent amount of damage.

cursed scroll is an obvious choice, because you don't ALWAYS have a full hand. if you use mageta the nazi, you ditch 2 cards. if you play your land for the turn, use the nazi, and play a spell, thats 4 cards right there.

mana acceleration is ALWAYS appropriate. you want to get the nazi into play as quick as possible.

M

Master Shake

First off, I doubt this deck could work in any kind of serious type one game.

It is kind of slow, and taking away three tutors is going to kill it.

I considered Life Burst, but with what I am familiar with, (Casual and competitive 1.5) there is a lot of graveyard hate (Too many years of U/G Maddness.) Thus, Life Burst got the axe. Also, I do not like the idea of running Intutition for one card.

And what do you mean Counter support? Abeyance and Chant are support.

Splashing blue could work, but if I am not using Intutition... what is the point? good counters carry nasty UU casting costs, The rest are Mana Leak - which is too risky, Force of Will - Which I am not running enough blue for, Arcane Denial - I like this card... but that is because I play confinement, but it does not fit in here, and Memory Laspe - What is the point of countering a spell for them to replay next turn?

Life Burst gives a set amount of life, yes. Life Burst can work if the meta is right, but Life Burst has a downside as well. I would rather keep the deck mono white until I have tested it more.

Mageta Vs. Wrath of God

Of course, one is reusable which is good, but the same one can also be annihilated, terrored, edicted, lighting Bolted, and just plain killed. Not only that, but it hurts hand size. I guess there are two builds you can go with:

Life Burst + Mageta (Which can run Wrath too, but it would be kind of counter-productive)

&

Orginal Recipie (Which can run Mageta, but it may not be the best call.)

Just remember... Mageta has summoning sickness... and I can not think of many decks that do not have creature removal.

I am still working on name.

N

Notepad

This deck won't work against Rhinoseeker unles you add in Karakas...

M

Master Shake

I run Karakas in my White Weenie deck...

We are going to have to modify this deck to work against rhino-seeker.

The new point of the deck is to get Karakas out...

T

train

splash brushlands and savannahs, and run 4 living wishes to go get the karakas... and maybe even a rhino of your own...

;) :cool:

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Master Shake
The new point of the deck is to get Karakas out...
Master Shake, you just inspired me to make my own crapastic version of Magic: The Puzzling. How in the world I'm gonna make a puzzle where the point is to get Karakas into play will be a lot of fun.

But I know the idea wasn't yours. Admit it, Meatwad came up with the plan, right? It was after he invented the hotdog smoothie, right?