A casual Millstone deck.

Y

Yamo

This is a little Millstone deck I created for casual play. What do you think?

1 Feldon's Cane
1 Ivory Tower
1 Jayemdae Tome
1 Jester's Cap
1 Sol Ring
1 Zuran Orb
3 Millstone
1 Balance
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Story Circle
2 Moat
2 Wrath of God
3 Disenchant
3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Braingeyser
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Recall
2 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
4 Mana Drain
1 Library of Alexandria
1 Strip Mine
2 Thawing Glaciers
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Tundra
6 Island
6 Plains

H

Hexazuz

you can swamp a millstone for a grindstone if you are playing against sligh or some other mono deck and have Helm of Obedience in the sideboard against keeper or other creature less deck.

Y

Yamo

Thank you, Hexazuz. I will definitely keep that in mind when the time comes to construct a sideboard.

M

Mikeymike

Yamo, that deck looks frighteningly like my friend Matt's deck. Except he doesn't own Moat thank God.

Being that this is a casual deck (a very expensive dangerous one though), I'm assuming you play Multiplayer or Duel variants.

I can see Hanna's Custody fitting in here to protect your artifacts. I also would add a Rout or 2, and instant Wrath of God could stop those wierd Type combo's you can't plan on, even better Arcane Laboratory.

R

rakso

It's pretty okay, but I was wondering if Thawing Glaciers would be better for the long game than Land Tax, since you need lots of land and will be holding back a lot of cards.

Stroke is also better than Geyser, and I suggest using Merchant Scroll and Fact or Fiction.

Wastelands may be good as well.

D

Dead

I've just started work on a new milling / discard deck after getting bored of throwing green fat down an altar of dementia, and i've finally got around to ordering some vision charms:

Vision Charm U (Common, Visions)
Choose one - Target artifact phases out; or put the top four cards from target player's library into his or her graveyard; or all lands of one type become basic lands of one type of your choice until end of turn.

Basically, it's a great cheap milling effect on the first turn or to finish them off, with the added advantage that you can pull a stone out of the game when they try to destroy it. Plus no one ever knows what they do, which is fun...

R

rakso

First, any player who was playing when Visions came out will know what this does since many had the same idea you did.

It's an extremely poor Mill card since it trades one card for two uses of a Millstone that may not even win the game. Bad.

The better ability is the last one, but it's most useful against another blue deck, and you'll screw yourself, too.

Against a mono-color deck, note that this card is an Orim's Chant with no kicker.

Y

Yamo

rakso,

Yes, I appreciate the suggestion, but I think you're right. Disposable milling probably isn't a great deal in the grand scheme of things.

I think you may be right about Glaciers, but what would you recommend I replace with Wastelands, exactly?

R

rakso

Go up to 24 or 26 land and find slots for some of the Wastelands there. I think 22 isn't enough for this sort of deck.