Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ura should take more medication, he needs it

• These polls popping up everywhere are really annoying

• Total voters
U

Ura

Greetings peoples of the deck forum, I bring you today a tiny creation that has spawned from my desire to prove that combo decks aren't only for tournaments, or it could be all the medication I've been put on lately. Either way, I give you:

Phelddaball! ver.1.0

The Critters;
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Utopia Tree
3 Questing Phelddagrif
3 Phelddagrif
2 Varchild's War-Riders

The dumb combo;
4 Dingus Staff
4 AEther Flash

Utility and search cards;
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Disenchant
3 Natural Order
3 Enlightened Tutor
3 Well of Knowledge

Land;
8 Forest
4 Mountain
2 Plateau
2 Volcanic Island
2 Tropical Island
2 Savannah

Tentative sideboard;
3 Spiritual Asylum (for icky hordes of black and red removal)
3 Armageddon (it can slow people down sometimes)
3 Urza's Rage (for people with too much blue in their hands)
2 Varchild's War-Riders (geddon backup, needs no mana)
4 Argivian Find (for people who enjoy packing disenchants and their ilk like there is no tomorrow)

The idea is simple, get a hippo and either trample the opponent to death or grow so big you flatten him. The war riders are there for a little bit of combo support so you don't always have to be expending the mana on the hippos and so you can have a decent fast critter to give a smack or two. The birds and Trees are there for acceleration, I was going to use Lawnmower elves instead of trees, but I wanted the color diversity more then the speed boost the elves would give. The deck isn't super fast but it has spunk and even has enough punch to last in multi-player sometimes because of its re-usable damage sources. It can search out the much needed components with the applied tutors and has the wells of knowledge as extra drawing power that can even make you a few friends in
said multi-player games, after all, who doesn't like the option to draw a few extra cards now and then for a bargain price of 2 mana.
Otherwise it works and does what its supposed to while remaining fun and definitely in the casual frame of mind.
And for those of you who are truly daring and don't mind loosing, its even extended legal.....I think.
Let me know your comments and stuff
Cheers,
Ura

C

Chaos Turtle

Find room for Breath of Darigaaz or Earthquake. ;)

Also consider trying Brand in this deck. But take out the "stupid combo" first!

O

olwen

How about Defense of the Heart and Caltrops to replace the combo?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

You could use Volcanic Wind and/or Repercussion as a combo... or Wave of Terror and Dingus Staff instead...