9 new ideas

out of these cards, which would you like to see in a set?

• hell's gate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • birds of tranquillity

• sea of tranquillity

• jungle cats

• azure drake

• army of apocolypes

• determination

• mishras rage

• urza

• All of them

• Total voters
K

KaVu_LoRd

Hells gate 3BR
creature-wall 1/6
BR- hells gate gets +3-2
Tap all mountains. hells gate can attack this turn

Birds of tranquility G
creature-birds 0/3
Flying
Tap, destroy target enchantment
if Birds is targetted by any spell, bury birds

Sea of tranquility 4U
enchantment
any player may sacrafice a land to return sea to owners hand. you may play this ability when sea is in you graveyard.
all damage dealt to creatures and players is 0, and if a creature goes into the graveyard, its controler may put it into play.

jungle cats G
summon cats 1/2
echo
when jungle cats is summoned, you may search your library for 3 copies of Jungle cats and put them into your hand

azure drake RU
Flying 0/1
UU: counter any spell
x:deal X damage to target creature. spend only R in this way.

army of apocolypse 6B
summon- hordes 6/5
first strike, trample
you may put a army token into play. treat this as an exact copy of army of apocolypse

determination UU
instant
Counter target spell. loose 1 life.
pay 2 life. return determination to your hand.

Mishra's Rage 3R
enchantment
No player can play a spell with a kicker cost.

Urza RBGU
Summon legend 3/3
Plains walk
if urza hits the graveyard, return it to your hand.
sacrafice a plains, target land becomes a plains.

F

fuzzy510

Hell's Gate: There would be immediate errata issued on this. If your opponent was playing red, you could tap all mountans you control AND ALL MOUNTAINS THAT THEY CONTROL to let it attack.

Birds of Tranquility: All-around good card. It's G casting cost is a bit low, though...

Sea of Tranquility: I'd reduce the CC and remove the bounce ability, making it a little bit less powerful, but still useable.

Jungle Cats: I think that the CC should be 1G, because we have a 2G 1/1 search already, and I think that G is a bit too low, even w/echo.

Azure Drake: Up the casting cost.

Army of Apocolypse: BAH-ROH-KEN. Get rid of the token ability and lose First Strike or Trample.

Determination: Wouldn't be widely used since there are plenty of counters out there that don't require the loss of life.

Mishra's Rage: Too powerful. I'd change it to say that no effects of Kicker costs can be activated.

Urza: Definetely make it 4/4. It still wouldn't see much action in-play, because it's not easy to get those lands in play.

Phew! That was long.

K

KaVu_LoRd

about the Mishras rage. that is what i ment. No kicker canbe played. and the Hells gate. you know what i meant, tap all mountains you control. !!! better now? :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Hells Gate: Change to "Tap all untapped mountains you control: Hells Gate can attack this turn."

Birds of Tranquility: "Tap: Destroy target enchantment" on ANY card, not to mention a ONE-MANA card, is risky. Should be at least 2G; a good blocker also.

Sea of Tranquility scares me. Try using it with Ashnod's Altar to see what I mean.

Jungle Cats: "...up to three copies..."

Azure Drake: Several problems.
"Azure" means "blue," so it wouldn't be red, and there is already a card called Azure Drake.
"UU: Counter target spell." is broken and will never see print on anything.
The red damage dealing ability is slightly different, and not quite broken. It is worth pointing out that it would be hard to use all of this card's abilities correctly... It isn't that bad.

Army of Apocalypse: Even without the other token, this is good (as black was never the best color for fatties anyway). With the token, this is too powerful.

Determination might see use, actually. I like it best of all the cards you made, because it has immense power for counter decks, but at a heavy cost.

Mishra's Rage is far too specialized to be used effectively. fuzzy510: Have you ever seen anyone cast a spell with kicker??? I sure haven't, although I know there are some people who do use such spells. Plus, it's FOUR MANA...

Urza might be OK, but you should still probably make it 4/4.

These are good, but a little on the powerful side.

F

fuzzy510

If Wizards botched a card and had to issue errata, it doesn't matter what they thought, just what it said. Thanks for the errata.