7th Edition Elvish Champion CONFIRMED!

S

shade2k1

If any of you have the new Scrye, check out page 53. There's a new contest in whcih ten cards, which are in 7th Edition, have their names scrambled. Here they are:

SPRAY OBSTACLES (Ice Age)
HIM LOVE SPINACH (Invasion)
NOVA HAD RINGS (Alpha)
NEON THRALL MEET (Urza's Destiny)
DEBONAIR GIRL (Urza's Saga)
MAIM HAND JOINT (Alpha)
GLEANING HELMET LINT (Tempest)
GOING BLINK (Alpha)
ANTI EEL REALM (Alpha)
LARD FAT LOTIONS (Alpha)

It's pretty obvious that the Invasion card is Elvish Champion. Now, who doubts my spoiler?

M

mogg bomber

So that means that list for 7th edition is correct then? And we're really getting pointless things like Vizzerdrix and Trained Orgg as rares? And they're really ignoring reprinting good rath cycle cards in favor of Urza block cards? And white really gets most of the good cards? I thought they wanted 7th to sell better than the older ones have. . .

F

FoundationOfRancor

I like this little peak though, thanks Shade.

Any guess on what the others are?

S

shade2k1

I know what the others are, but I want to see who can get 'em here. Do it, guys!

C

Cateran Emperor

Abyssal Specter
Elvish Champion
Shivan Dragon
Thorn Elemental
Goblin Raider
Mahamoti Djinn
Lightning Elemental
Goblin King
?
Lord of Atlantis

S

shade2k1

Not bad, CE! Who knows the last one? Hint:

_ _ _
_ _ _ _ E _ _ _ _

I

Istanbul

That's easy. Hint: It's a creature, and it's ALWAYS been in the basic set.

F

fuzzy510

Interesting. Now I don't need to buy Invasion to get Elvish Champion. Why do you figure Wizards is doing this?

And let's face it, CE, we will ALL have doubts until the set is released - then we will know for certain, and only then will we have no doubts.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

This means that:
Abyssal Specter enjoys spraying obstacles
Elvish Champion loves spinach
Shivian Dragon used to be a nova that had rings
Thorn Elemental goes to a Neon Thrall Meet every weekend
Goblin Raider is a carefree girl
Mahamoti Djinn maims hand joints
Lightning Elemental cleans helmet lint
Goblin King blinks a lot
Air Elemental hates eels and their stupid realm
Lord of Atlantis puts on lotion to get rid of his lard fat

YES! I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE MYSTERY!!!!!

Z

Zadok001

Joy! The Elves finally recieve their worthy Lord in the basic set!

D

Duel

I'm just glad we're recieving elves in the basic set. You remember the rumors that WOTC was going to leave the mana-producers behind?

M

mogg bomber

I'm glad to see Elvish Champion is going to be around for awhile, but 7th edition as a whole is not impressive. Unless of course that list isn't completely correct.

I

Istanbul

It occurs to me...does anyone know WHEN 7th is coming out? We'll know for sure then...

D

Duel

Mogg Bomber, you almost got it. The list is simply not COMPLETE. Besides, from what I've seen, it looks quite impressive.

T

terzarima

I beleive its coming out April the second, and will rotate in May 1st, correct? Anyway, good job to all who figured it out!!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If only WotC would break the recent trend in basic sets of suckiness, rather than their own reprint policy...

T

theorgg

Let me state it again: If you get a Trained Orgg and do not want it, send it to me. I'll give you a quarter or some uncommon or two, my choice.

That is, unless you include the URL for the original offer.