7th Ed. This year?

W

Wizard2000

I have been seeing various discussions stating that 7th edition will be coming out this year instead of 2001. I think this would be a good move on the part of WotC. If they do this they will HAVE to return to some of the basics of the game. Taking away the cards that they did in 6th made magic into a game that few people want to play. We all joke about how terrible 6th is and how none of has a single card in that set.

If they wait until 2001 I have a feeling that the game might not even live that long. Bring back what made Magic Magic... bring back the incinerate, the knights, maybe even swords to plowshares. Bring us our staple dark ritual, the fireball, the knights (heh), and all the cards we loved to use. When I see cards like Thorn Elemental in an expansion set, then I see what I see in 6th, I really just have to shake my head.

I believe WotC is hurting a little from what they did to 6th, and if 7th does come this year it might be a sign that they actually listen to the community. If they want me to ever buy a pack of basic set cards again it will have to be something better than 6th...

C

ChasDen

Hello,

The Official word from WOTC is 2001 not 2000. Not sure where and how the rumors got started but when ordering our pre sale lots we were told the above. Keep in mind that the cards released this week were “in the works” over a year ago. I for one would like to see them spend more time (not less) in play test and research before they release new cards. Perhaps that would eliminate or curb the errata problems on cards before they are released or shortly after.

Life is Short
Enjoy why you can

W

Wizard2000

Thanks for letting me know. Guess the expansions will have to do until 2001 because I still refuse to purchase any 6th edition cards :)

Ferret

Staff member
Hmmm...this makes me wonder: "what will their fourth set be?"

Since the basic sets come out every other year I wonder what will be this years'...

in '96 we had Chronicles
in '98 we had Unglued
in '00 we have ????

-ferret

"...Chronicles II sounds like a good idea!"

T

theorgg

UNGLUED II- magic unplugged!

Where's my "orggish training pants?"

3R
enchantment
comes into play tapped
T: target creature looses all non-basic abilities as long as Orggish training pants remains tapped.
you may choose not to untap orggish traing pants

I

igfett

great, more chronicles/unglued 2 discusions......
not sure i really would be especially happy to see either