7 year player, new forum member

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

There's several of us here... interested in playing some games via the forums? Check out the Games Run forum...

O

Origin

That sounds like something I'll need to check out. Thanks!

turgy22

Nothing Special
Welcome! I hope you'll stick around.

What's your playing experience / favorite formats / etc? It would be good to know the sorts of things you'd be interested in discussing.

O

Origin

I've played a couple local tournaments during the Ravnica era and most of what I play is just Standard with my friends.
I wanna learn about different game types and more about deck con.

I prefer to use black and/or green, but I've been switching it up a bit lately. Otherwise, I've stuck around since 8th edition, which is mirrodin if I'm not mistaken.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
since 8th edition, which is mirrodin if I'm not mistaken.
Not sure what you mean by that. 8th Edition is a separate set from Mirrodin; the former is a core set and the latter is the first expansion in the Mirrodin cycle.

O

Origin

Well, it was the set where the Rhox came with the green starter deck. I started with that. Im not good with editions or names, i just pick and choose whichever :s

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
We do a lot of games here, most are casual as are our players....
We are playing all the new Commander decks (5) in a multi-player game, but there are players who like the duel style of play. Just ask for a game and what you are looking to play and someone may be interested.
Since this is a message board, all games are on the honor system. But if you want to try out a deck against a certain deck, just let us know what deck you want to play against and we can build it.

O

Origin

Thanks. I was looking at the game boards and I'm going to get a couple decks ready and try my hand at some dueling.

O

Origin

Me? Right meow? And i only have two prebuilts, the rest are custom.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, whenever you're ready.

What "prebuilt", you mean the ones that come in a deck already from WOTC? Which set(s)? I have a few custom, but they're pretty old (no power nine though), like circa 2000 or so if you want to play against some older cards :)

O

Origin

Up to you. I have illyana's deck and the knights and dragons set. Id like to try out my signature custom though. And how do we play in the forum exactly?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think you said you took a look at some of the threads. We just post the board state basically as we draw and play cards and whatnot. For me, my decks are in Apprentice or Excel so I keep track of them that way; you can either do the same or play your deck "in front" of you as it plays (and if you have room and can keep it out for a while, as these games aren't quick).

I'll start a thread there for us.

O

Origin

Okay. I took a look, but I'll just copy you with my cards. Would you begin?