7 Onslaught cards revealed in Japanese magazine!

L

Lotus Mox

Cabal Archon (2B)
Creature - Cleric
B, Sacrifice a Cleric: Target player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
2/2

Voidmage Prodigy (UU)
Creature - Wizard
UU, Sacrifice a Wizard: Counter target spell.
Morph: U
2/1

Wellwisher (1G)
Creature - Elf
Tap: You gain 1 life for each Elf in play.
1/1

Skirk Fire Marshall (3RR)
Creature - Goblin Lord
Protection from red.
Tap five untapped Goblins you control: Skirk Fire Marshall deals 10 damage to each creature and player.
2/2

Aurafication (2WW)
Enchantent
Whenever a creature deals damage to you, put a gold counter on it. Each creature with a gold counter on it is a Wall in addition to its other creature types. When Aurafication leaves play, remove all gold counters from all creatures.

Voidmage Prodigy is probably Kai Budde's card.

Aurafication is like a not so evil white No Mercy, me likey.

That red tribal card pretty insane.
(I wish they would reprint Goblin Lackey in Onslaught)

T

train

Skirk Fire Marshall - just a little... WRONG!!!
Voidmage Prodigy - here come the creature counters!!!
Wellwisher - I could see a coat of arms in this deck...
Aurafication - here comes the U/W control again...
Clone - not so bad of a threat.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I just dont understand why they would reprint clone...CLONE, for gods sake, the card that caused so many ruling nightmares! Arg, its so unbelievable.

B

BigBlue

Clone isn't the problem child of creature replicators, vesuvian doppleganger is.

And . . . Since clone was an uncommon, it wasn't subject to the reprint policy (which is why Serra and Sengir came back unfettered by policies).

L

Lotus Mox

Clone actually was subject under the old reprint policy because it wasn't reprinted in 4th.

P

Purple_jester

I thought they didn't like copy cards since there's too much confusion regarding copies.

The Voidmage is nuts. I thought that a blue 2/1 for 2 mana wasn't supposed to happen. Oh, wait. It's supposedly Kai. That means the dude is rare. Never mind. Why have so many of the player-created cards been blue? :eek:

The Elf seems rare too, but who knows? All I know is that this tribal mechanic means we'll be getting a lot of congruent creature types.

Hmm... must get copy of Visara. She'll be a nice addition to my B3C (big bad black creature) collection. :cool:

F

FoundationOfRancor

Weathered Wayfarer
Creature - Nomad Cleric
W
W, Tap: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Play this ability only if an opponent controls more lands than you.
1/1

Words of Worship
Enchantment
2W
1: The next time you would draw a card this turn, you gain 5 life instead.

Circle of Solace
Enchantment
3W
As Circle of Solace comes into play, choose a creature type. 1W: The next time a creature of the chosen type would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.

Chain of Silence
Instant
1W
Prevent all damage target creature would deal this turn. That creature's controller may sacrifice a land. If the player does, he or she may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.

Black has Chain of Smog which causes discards, green has Chain of Acid which nukes noncreature permanents, blue's Chain of Vapor bounces stuff, and red's Chain of Plasma deals damage.

Voidmage Prodigy is Kai's card.

Skirk Fire Marshall is not the only lord with these types of abilities. They all use tapping 5 creatures of that type. White: Remove a creature from the game. Black: Return any creature to play from any graveyard. Blue: Remove cards from a player's library. Green: Gain obscene amounts of life.

Death March
Enchantment
3B
Whenever a creature comes into play, that creature's controller may have target creature of his or her choice get -3/-3 until end of turn.

Cruel Revival
Instant
4B
Destroy target non-Zombie creature. It can't be regenerated. Return up to one target Zombie card from your graveyard to your hand.

Wheel and Deal
Instant
3U
Any number of target opponents each discards his or her hand and draws seven cards. Draw a card.

Ghosthelm Courier
Creature - Wizard
2U
You may choose not to untap Ghosthelm Courier during your untap step. 2U, Tap: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
2/1

Elvish Vanguard
Creature - Elf
1G
Whenever another Elf comes into play, put a +1/+1 counter on Elvish Vanguard.
1/1

Biorhythm (did you know about this one yet?)
Sorcery
6GG
Each player's life total becomes the number of creatures he or she controls.

Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
Creature - Druid Legend
4GG
G: Target land becomes a 1/1 creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
2GGG: Creatures you control get +3/+3 and trample until end of turn.
4/3

Fever Charm
Instant
R
Choose one: Target creature gains haste until end of turn; or target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn; or Fever Charm deals 3 damage to target Wizard.

Goblin Piledriver
Creature - Goblin
1R
Protection from blue. Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin.
1/2

Sorry, but I just had to quote this from the text under Goblin Piledriver: "Developers hate Psychatog, too." lol

Insurrection
Sorcery
5RRR
Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.

They is also a card named Cabal Executioner that has Morph and the ability, "Whenever Cabal Executioner deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature.

The add R to your mana pool for each Goblin in play card is named Brightstone Ritual.

Skirk Prospector is a 1/1 with "Sacrifice a Goblin: Add R to your mana pool."

Head Games
Black
Sorcery
5 mana (that's all they said ^_^;;
"Target opponent puts the cards from his or her hand on top of his or her library. Search that player's library for that many cards. The player puts those cards into his or her hand, then shuffles his or her library.

Red also finds itself with all cards that temporarily gain control of a creature.

Green, for now, is home to the Ophidian ability of drawing a card whenever a creature deals damage.

L

Lotus Mox

Originally posted by Grand Masta JSC on MTGNews.com:

Weathered Wayfarer
Creature - Nomad Cleric
W
W, Tap: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Play this ability only if an opponent controls more lands than you.
1/1

Words of Worship
Enchantment
2W
1: The next time you would draw a card this turn, you gain 5 life instead.

Circle of Solace
Enchantment
3W
As Circle of Solace comes into play, choose a creature type. 1W: The next time a creature of the chosen type would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.

Chain of Silence
Instant
1W
Prevent all damage target creature would deal this turn. That creature's controller may sacrifice a land. If the player does, he or she may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.

Black has Chain of Smog which causes discards, green has Chain of Acid which nukes noncreature permanents, blue's Chain of Vapor bounces stuff, and red's Chain of Plasma deals damage.

Voidmage Prodigy is Kai's card.

Skirk Fire Marshall is not the only lord with these types of abilities. They all use tapping 5 creatures of that type. White: Remove a creature from the game. Black: Return any creature to play from any graveyard. Blue: Remove cards from a player's library. Green: Gain obscene amounts of life.

Death March
Enchantment
3B
Whenever a creature comes into play, that creature's controller may have target creature of his or her choice get -3/-3 until end of turn.

Cruel Revival
Instant
4B
Destroy target non-Zombie creature. It can't be regenerated. Return up to one target Zombie card from your graveyard to your hand.

Wheel and Deal
Instant
3U
Any number of target opponents each discards his or her hand and draws seven cards. Draw a card.

Ghosthelm Courier
Creature - Wizard
2U
You may choose not to untap Ghosthelm Courier during your untap step. 2U, Tap: As long as Ghosthelm Courier remains tapped, target Wizard gets +2/+2 and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
2/1

Elvish Vanguard
Creature - Elf
1G
Whenever another Elf comes into play, put a +1/+1 counter on Elvish Vanguard.
1/1

Biorhythm (did you know about this one yet?)
Sorcery
6GG
Each player's life total becomes the number of creatures he or she controls.

Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
Creature - Druid Legend
4GG
G: Target land becomes a 1/1 creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
2GGG: Creatures you control get +3/+3 and trample until end of turn.
4/3

Fever Charm
Instant
R
Choose one: Target creature gains haste until end of turn; or target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn; or Fever Charm deals 3 damage to target Wizard.

Goblin Piledriver
Creature - Goblin
1R
Protection from blue. Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin.
1/2

Sorry, but I just had to quote this from the text under Goblin Piledriver: "Developers hate Psychatog, too." lol

Insurrection
Sorcery
5RRR
Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.

They is also a card named Cabal Executioner that has Morph and the ability, "Whenever Cabal Executioner deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature.

The add R to your mana pool for each Goblin in play card is named Brightstone Ritual.

Skirk Prospector is a 1/1 with "Sacrifice a Goblin: Add R to your mana pool."

Head Games
Black
Sorcery
5 mana (that's all they said ^_^;;
"Target opponent puts the cards from his or her hand on top of his or her library. Search that player's library for that many cards. The player puts those cards into his or her hand, then shuffles his or her library.

Red also finds itself with all cards that temporarily gain control of a creature.

Green, for now, is home to the Ophidian ability of drawing a card whenever a creature deals damage.

That's all it said folks. =)
Awesome new cards, I really like how Onslaught shapes up :D

P

Purple_jester

I guess all 5 colors will get an 8-cost kick-ass sorcery. Suddenly I'm glad I kept 4 Mirari's Wakes...

I'm glad to see that goblins are definitely back. The Piledriver made me laugh. I think merfolk are still in exile, given that the blue tribe seems to be Wizards. But we've got elves again. Lots of elves. Lots and lots of elves. Maybe Llanowar won't be missed too much, but I can't help but think how good it will be in an elf deck while it's still legal.

The Wayfarer looks like R&D's way of making a controlled Land Tax. Cute.

Are they sure that Chain of Acid can nuke all non-creature permanents? Are they absolutely sure? Will it cost 1G? Coz that's a potentially broken Armageddon if it is. If you have any sort of land parity with your opponent, then you've just destroyed every land he has and left yourself with mana on the table. Chain of Acid + Mystic Enforcer/Ernham Djinn look like a keeper.

J

Jigglypuff

Onslaught looks like a pretty interesting set. I could probably do some cute things with some of the cards listed here, if they turn out to be real.

(- Steve -)

T

train

(The Magic addiction has finally taken it's psychological grasp on another...)

Onslaught does look interesting,

but I want to do mean things, like pass my oppoent's deck through a paper shredder when he presents it to be cut... and hit their hand with a hammer each time they tap for mana... and morph - people I play against will look like they've morphed when I'm done with them...

What, no, leave me alone... I don't want any pills... you put me in this rubber padded room for solitary confinement and then you hospital people won't stop visiting me...

M

Mikeymike

The new Kamahl is a freaking house. Sure he might be Timmy's dream card, but a reusable Overrun that doesn't tap for the effect? He's an absolute monster in many green decks that run fairly typical amounts of mana acceleration.

They should have named him
Kamahl, Fist of Casual

M

Mikeymike

You are a dirty, dirty bird. I will pretend that I am not laughing right now

R

rkoelsch

Now a totally serious discussion has just gone into the toilet. I am truly ashamed to be a member of this site.:rolleyes:

T

theorgg

? ? ?

I don't get it...

First "Longhorn" becomes dirty, then "fist" becomes dirty?

I've been away too long... even though I get back here at least every three days...

He's good, but what about against four other people? Someon'll have some form of removal...

Y'know, at least his oink is bigger, now. He can't get flare'd or even shocked anymore!

He's now in Bolt/Hammer Range!

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Creature type as a priority, red as a prime color, 8-cost 'Biggie' spells, and a standing Overrun? Somehow I feel partly responsible for some of the Onslaught decisions. If this is real, then they are more than forgiven for kicking out Invasion. If they make unique creature types, score one for the CPA!