7 Onslaught cards revealed in Japanese magazine!

F

FoundationOfRancor

The problem with Ixidor, and most cards that deal with base mechanics, is that not nearly enough cards will have morph, or shadow, or whatever to make him really useful. Even in casual, he isnt that cool unless your playing with ALOT of onslaught cards. No, the point of this card is to build a deck around him.

I think Arcanis is real.

P

Purple_jester

There's a catch to Arcanis right? :eek:

Mana cost 3UUU? This might be a catch, given the amount of blue commitment you have to use. Perhaps there won't be enough support cards for mono-blue.

4 toughness? No, that's good with FTK gone.

TAP: Draw three cards. No. Anyone who's sane knows this ability is amazing.

2UU: Return to your hand? No. That gives him a way of avoiding removal and other killing effects.

Let's see... No evasion? There we go. That's the only solid catch.

I want one. He's no way as good as Morphling or Palinchron, but he's okay enough to add to the collection. And his name and picture are just SO nasty. :D

L

Lotus Mox

Jareth, Leonine Titan
3WWW
Creature — Cat Giant Legend
4/7
Whenever Jareth, Leonine Titan blocks, it gets +7/+7 until end of turn.
W: Jareth gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.

Too bad he doesn't have Wall of Glare's ability...

I

Istanbul

Arcanis the Omnipotent (3UUU)
Creature — Wizard Legend
3/4
T: Draw three cards.
2UU: Return Arcanis the Omnipotent to its owner’s hand.

I'll believe it when I see it. That's all I have to say.

Jareth, Leonine Titan
3WWW
Creature — Cat Giant Legend
4/7
Whenever Jareth, Leonine Titan blocks, it gets +7/+7 until end of turn.
W: Jareth gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.

Good kitty. :eek: I'll be right back, let me go grab my Serra's Blessing.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

According to the Orb of Insight there are 11 legends in Onslaught.

So far we know of:

Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
Arcanus, the omnipotent
Visara, the dreadful
Kahmal, fist of Krosa
Jareth, Leonine Titan

Is this all we know of so far?

If so we can expect

Phage(the black Jeska)
Akroma(Ixidor's "strong right arm")

and this is all the people i can think of out of the story so far, maybe Nivea, but i don't think so.

T

train

The orb is kind of neat, but did they do this to let us look into Onslaught or do you think they'll tie this into all sets, kind of like Crystalkeep...

I think it's a teaser - all words and no pictures.

Tease. Tease. Tease.

Maybe I'll get Kamahl - The Mad Fist_ngs - after them!!!!

D

Duster

I put Phage into the Orb of Insight and it produced a big zero, so it looks like Jeska's reincarnation is waiting til at least the next set. Akroma also produced a zero.

As for Arcanis, I think if played under the right circumstances, he could be incredible, but he has the limitation of being a creature, which brings summoning sickness with it. So without any mana acceleration, he's coming out on turn 6 (which is unlikely unless you're playing mono-blue). The draw ability can't be used til turn 7, which is very good, but maybe not very game-altering. His second ability almost counter-acts the first in that if you bounce him, he's coming back with summoning sickness. Arcanis is a big commitment, maybe too big of a commitment for what he delivers. The fact that he's a legend doesn't really help matters.

I expect all of these dudes to be huge in limited, but very difficult to play in constructed.

Out like trout,
Duster

L

Lotus Mox

Catapult Master 3WW Creature — Soldier Lord R
3/3 Tap five untapped Soldiers you control: Remove target creature from the game.

Sparksmith 1R Creature — Goblin C
1/1 T: Sparksmith deals X damage to target creature and X damage to you, where X is the number of Goblins in play.

Dragon Roost 4RR Enchantment R
5RR: Put a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying into play.

Dragon tokens? wth

Finally there's a soldier lord :), although tapping 5 creatures to remove one from the game isn't exactly fast.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
although tapping 5 creatures to remove one from the game isn't exactly fast.
It costs five, so you probably have around 3 Soldiers by that point, and there's always the Outpost... :)

P

Purple_jester

I like Jareth. Immune to targeted removal. Immune to damage. An excellent defender. My only problem is that he doesn't stop 6/6 flying wurms. He'll need some support cards, but I'd love to use him as a kill card in a blue-white control deck.

Dragon tokens. Cute idea, but I'll have to spend 9RRRR just to get a 5/5 flier. It's a Limited bomb, and it would be nice in a proper theme deck.