5 Invasion cards you can't wait to get 4 of

Discussion in 'CPA Voting Forum' started by Mikeymike, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

My big amazement is that nobody else mentioned Utopia tree! the only invaison rare with a real shot at constructed power!
  2. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

I'd love to get one in a pack, but there is no way I'm trading $15-25 worth of cards for one (they are going for $14-15 on ebay, usually means they'll trade for more). Its not even as good as BoP, one turn slower and that is a big difference.
  3. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

Dual Land
    SKIZZIK
    Urza's rage (not really)
    Disrupt
    Absorb
  4. Gizmo Composite: 1860

Utopia Tree is terrible! I don`t know anybody who is a 1800+ player who is keeping hold of theirs.
    If your deck is SO dependent on 5c mana that you need 8 Birds Of Paradise then it is a bad deck because it will lose when it doesn`t see the Trees or they get Quaked. A deck that needs Trees is poorly designed and I think the Tree is strictly inferior to BoP, LlElf and probably even Vine Trellis.
  5. Cateran Emperor Passed On

I just noticed a cool little critter I missed the first time through the set.

Phyrexian Infiltrator
    2B
    Rare
    Creature-Minion
    2UU: Exchange control of Infiltrator and target creature.
    2/2

This thing is great. My B/U deck is gonna play some of these things. Steal, then bounce, then steal, then bounce...
  6. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Emperor, I got one of those last week and I thought the same thing. It would be fun with Gilded Drake and Equilibrium. It is slower than the Drake, but much less of a threat of coming back to bite you in the butt. I like the artwork too.
  7. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

Unless, of course, you are playing against a blue deck.:(

I think that card comes in the Dismissal precon deck.:)

Go Blue/Black!:)
  8. Gizmo Composite: 1860

It`s good when you get 8 mana.
    Because it has a trick.
    A GOOD trick.

UU2: Activate the ability targetting Creature A, which is a 1/1 bobbins monster I already control.

IN RESPONSE

UU2: Activate the ability targetting Creature B, which is a 6/6 Dragon Legend.

Effects resolve in LIFO order. First the Legend and Infiltrator swap. Then the Infiltrator and 1/1 swap over. Net result - you just swapped your 1/1 for their 6/6.
    Neat, huh?
  9. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

You can do that!?!? WOW! sounds like fun to me:)
  10. Cateran Emperor Passed On

(grins)
    I did that once, only it was a super long draft and we each had a whopping 5 cards left in our decks. He was ALSO playing blue. Man, that gave us a headache :D

Here's how it works Darsh:

1: second swap resolves, they now have the Infiltrator and you get the Legend

2: first swap resolves, they get the 1/1 and you get your Infiltrator buddy back.

BTW: Yes, he comes in Dismissal. I've got to get some of them while they're still cheap :) My B/U deck only has 8 creatures in it, 4 of him and 4 Vodalian Zombies (because where I come from, Blastoderm/Saprolings/Noble Panthers are all over the place, just begging to be blocked then stolen later. Well, not the 'Derms, but you know what I mean :D)
  11. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

I have a version of my B/U deck in the Deck Forum. It's more beatdown than control really, but I'm thinking of putting in the Infiltrator anyway.:)