5 Invasion cards you can't wait to get 4 of

D

Duel

My big amazement is that nobody else mentioned Utopia tree! the only invaison rare with a real shot at constructed power!

M

Mikeymike

I'd love to get one in a pack, but there is no way I'm trading $15-25 worth of cards for one (they are going for $14-15 on ebay, usually means they'll trade for more). Its not even as good as BoP, one turn slower and that is a big difference.

G

Gizmo

Utopia Tree is terrible! I don`t know anybody who is a 1800+ player who is keeping hold of theirs.
If your deck is SO dependent on 5c mana that you need 8 Birds Of Paradise then it is a bad deck because it will lose when it doesn`t see the Trees or they get Quaked. A deck that needs Trees is poorly designed and I think the Tree is strictly inferior to BoP, LlElf and probably even Vine Trellis.

C

Cateran Emperor

I just noticed a cool little critter I missed the first time through the set.

Phyrexian Infiltrator
2B
Rare
Creature-Minion
2UU: Exchange control of Infiltrator and target creature.
2/2

This thing is great. My B/U deck is gonna play some of these things. Steal, then bounce, then steal, then bounce...

M

Mikeymike

Emperor, I got one of those last week and I thought the same thing. It would be fun with Gilded Drake and Equilibrium. It is slower than the Drake, but much less of a threat of coming back to bite you in the butt. I like the artwork too.

D

Darsh

Unless, of course, you are playing against a blue deck.:(

I think that card comes in the Dismissal precon deck.:)

Go Blue/Black!:)

G

Gizmo

It`s good when you get 8 mana.
Because it has a trick.
A GOOD trick.

UU2: Activate the ability targetting Creature A, which is a 1/1 bobbins monster I already control.

IN RESPONSE

UU2: Activate the ability targetting Creature B, which is a 6/6 Dragon Legend.

Effects resolve in LIFO order. First the Legend and Infiltrator swap. Then the Infiltrator and 1/1 swap over. Net result - you just swapped your 1/1 for their 6/6.
Neat, huh?

C

Cateran Emperor

(grins)
I did that once, only it was a super long draft and we each had a whopping 5 cards left in our decks. He was ALSO playing blue. Man, that gave us a headache :D

Here's how it works Darsh:

1: second swap resolves, they now have the Infiltrator and you get the Legend

2: first swap resolves, they get the 1/1 and you get your Infiltrator buddy back.

BTW: Yes, he comes in Dismissal. I've got to get some of them while they're still cheap :) My B/U deck only has 8 creatures in it, 4 of him and 4 Vodalian Zombies (because where I come from, Blastoderm/Saprolings/Noble Panthers are all over the place, just begging to be blocked then stolen later. Well, not the 'Derms, but you know what I mean :D)

D

Darsh

I have a version of my B/U deck in the Deck Forum. It's more beatdown than control really, but I'm thinking of putting in the Infiltrator anyway.:)