5 color power deck

T

TheCasualOblivion

A lot of people I play with play 5 color decks. Sliver decks, dragon decks, and they mostly suck. I decided I needed to make a good one for a change. First off I've never been that high on the concept of the typical 5 color deck. What I've always had more faith in is a 5-color green deck. So that's what I built, here it is:

Creatures-(26)

4 Kird Ape
4 Wall of Blossoms
4 Horned Kavu (big + return walls or battlemages to hand)
2 Fleetwood Panther (ditto + surprise)
3 Ebony Treefolk
2 Necravolver
2 Rakavolver
3 Thornscape Battlemage
2 Thunderscape Battlemage

Spells (16)
4 Spite/Malice
3 Consume Strength
3 Armadillo Cloak
3 Harrow
3 Rampant Growth

Land (20)
2 City of Brass
3 Darigaaz's Caldera
2 Timberland Ruins
6 Forest
2 Mountains
2 Islands
2 Swamps
1 Plains

F

f-6

The classic "bouncer" and a good beatdown creature is Stampeding wilderbeests. Great with Wall of blossoms and decent with the battlemages. Also, Flametounge kavu is allways good and it is even better with the Horned kavus.

A card that I like in 5c decks is Ceta disciple. Mana filter and a decent pumper in one. But I know that I am one of the few that recognize its greatness (i.e. it probably sucks... :D ).

I love the cards that you have chosen for this deck! It is allmost exactly how I would build a fun and pretty good deck! Consume strength, Ebony treefolk and Rakavolver are all pet cards of mine.

--F

T

TheCasualOblivion

thanks for the reply. I didn't use the Wildebeasts, because if you look closely at my cardlist, you'll see that nothing in the deck requires more than one of any particular color to cast. Wildebeasts costs 2 green. Don't happen to have any Flametongues, or you could count on them being in there, though for the life of me I don't know what would come out to make room for them. Consume Strength and Ebony Treefolk are pet cards of mine too.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think that by "Fleetwood Panther" you mean "Fleetfoot Panther."

This is a very unusual design. It looks a little slow, but is probably loads of fun.

You probably don't have any Birds of Paradise, or they'd be in here. I feel your pain. I've never had any of them myself...

T

train

I know it is more than 1mana specific in the cost - but Weird Harvest could do really well for you...

The multicolor enchantments are nice, but equipment would be better - warhammer, in place of cloak for example...