"250"

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Mr_Pestilence, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Mr_Pestilence Wumpus

Does anybody have any info on this format?

From what I've been able to gather, the idea is to put a minimum 18 of each basic land together with 160 other cards of your choice, shuffle it, and play.

I've seen a couple of people playing it locally in Atlanta, but haven't heard anything else about it. Someone was reading a "banned, restricted" list for this particular format, so I presume there is a basic set of rules for it somewhere.

Any ideas what's going on?
  2. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

Sounds like "5-Color Magic." It has the 18 lands of all 5 colors stipulation, another rule about how many cards of each color you must have, and it's own banned/restricted list.
  3. theorgg Slob

Hey, Mr. P! Havn't seen ya around lately...

probably 'cause I've not been getting around, but I degres...

Yea, the format is called 5-color magic, and it's website is www.5-color.com

RabidKimba and I have been planning on playing a game sometime, but we havn't gotten around to it yet.

It seems like a very fun format, and with the low-end but fun rares you've got, you could probably make a great deck for it!

See you around
    -Orgg
  4. Mr_Pestilence Wumpus

Thanks for the info, Orgg!

I miss you guys! I've worked just about every weekend recently, and will for the near future, so I missed the last Saturday pre-release, but I did make the Sunday pre-release at The War Room, keeping intact my streak of (technically) not missing a pre-release since Tempest!

I have made it to a few tournaments at T&T Toys, where I find the atmosphere much friendlier, prices cheaper, cards more plentiful (if they don't have it, they'll find it!), etc.

Plus, I'm tired of dealing with New Wave - overpriced cards, very small selection, difficult to trade with, cheapness in prize support, failure to turn in tourney results, poor attitudes, apathy, oppressiveness (who doesn't want a Fallen Empires draft in their store?!?), etc., etc. I could go on, but you know what I'm talking about. The bottom line is I will avoid giving them any business in the future, or participating in NW events, but I might drop by if you guys want to have some kind of CPA get-together.

Anyway, maybe we can get together for "250" or something else soon.

Later!
  5. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

I've never heard of this......are there sanctioned tourneys that use it mewonders?????

Oh, and this is post 900!!!!!
  6. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

I wouldn't think so fuzzy, it seems like just a casual type of format, but I could be wrong
  7. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

Still, I wonder if there are tournies that use this "250" format, sanctioned or not. God knows there's plenty of casual tournaments out there.
  8. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

it seems like a fun format, so there might be some casual tournaments that support this
  9. theorgg Slob

PM me the info on T&T toys, will you? If it isn't too far, mabe I'll be ablet to drop by... mabe not.

Then again, Nutral Ground has gotten a new manager. While the cards are overpriced, their non-T2 stuff is pretty cheap, except the portals... They want near-full price for it!

non-t2 packs are $1.99, and the Precons are $5(OOP only)