"250"

M

Mr_Pestilence

Does anybody have any info on this format?

From what I've been able to gather, the idea is to put a minimum 18 of each basic land together with 160 other cards of your choice, shuffle it, and play.

I've seen a couple of people playing it locally in Atlanta, but haven't heard anything else about it. Someone was reading a "banned, restricted" list for this particular format, so I presume there is a basic set of rules for it somewhere.

Any ideas what's going on?

H

Hetemti

Sounds like "5-Color Magic." It has the 18 lands of all 5 colors stipulation, another rule about how many cards of each color you must have, and it's own banned/restricted list.

T

theorgg

Hey, Mr. P! Havn't seen ya around lately...

probably 'cause I've not been getting around, but I degres...

Yea, the format is called 5-color magic, and it's website is www.5-color.com

RabidKimba and I have been planning on playing a game sometime, but we havn't gotten around to it yet.

It seems like a very fun format, and with the low-end but fun rares you've got, you could probably make a great deck for it!

See you around
-Orgg

M

Mr_Pestilence

Thanks for the info, Orgg!

I miss you guys! I've worked just about every weekend recently, and will for the near future, so I missed the last Saturday pre-release, but I did make the Sunday pre-release at The War Room, keeping intact my streak of (technically) not missing a pre-release since Tempest!

I have made it to a few tournaments at T&T Toys, where I find the atmosphere much friendlier, prices cheaper, cards more plentiful (if they don't have it, they'll find it!), etc.

Plus, I'm tired of dealing with New Wave - overpriced cards, very small selection, difficult to trade with, cheapness in prize support, failure to turn in tourney results, poor attitudes, apathy, oppressiveness (who doesn't want a Fallen Empires draft in their store?!?), etc., etc. I could go on, but you know what I'm talking about. The bottom line is I will avoid giving them any business in the future, or participating in NW events, but I might drop by if you guys want to have some kind of CPA get-together.

Anyway, maybe we can get together for "250" or something else soon.

Later!

F

fuzzy510

I've never heard of this......are there sanctioned tourneys that use it mewonders?????

Oh, and this is post 900!!!!!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I wouldn't think so fuzzy, it seems like just a casual type of format, but I could be wrong

F

fuzzy510

Still, I wonder if there are tournies that use this "250" format, sanctioned or not. God knows there's plenty of casual tournaments out there.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

it seems like a fun format, so there might be some casual tournaments that support this

T

theorgg

PM me the info on T&T toys, will you? If it isn't too far, mabe I'll be ablet to drop by... mabe not.

Then again, Nutral Ground has gotten a new manager. While the cards are overpriced, their non-T2 stuff is pretty cheap, except the portals... They want near-full price for it!

non-t2 packs are $1.99, and the Precons are $5(OOP only)