21?

S

Sammy Dead-O

...it's the deck also known as PandeBurst, using Pandemonium to deal lethal damage with the tokens of Saproling Burst coming into play. 6+5+4+3+2+1=21.

It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about, too.

D

Duel

21 is a deck based around getting pandemonium and saporling burst into your graveyard, and then casting replenish, and dealing 21 damage like Sammy said.

I

Istanbul

The reason Ghod made Tormod's Crypt, or Planar Void if you can play it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tormod's Crypt removes your graveyard (or a graveyard) from play. You're thinking of Apocalypse Chime.

D

Duel

Best extended option, yes. Unfortunately, the crypt is gone, and like the cards it affects, it ain't comin' back. Rapid decay can be used, but.... it's just bad. and easier to counter (the furnace, played first turn, can require an FoW to allow them to win at all.)

L

lilpinhead

couldnt you play this deck with just white mana...discard the stuff you need to and then just cast replenish? would that work..i mean what are the colours that are usually played with this deck..three? red, green white?

G

Gizmo

It`s virtually mono-blue.
Might splash, say 3 Replenish, 2 Burst, 2 Panda - everything else is blue, more or less.

Katsuhiro Mori took third at Grand Prix Kyoto playing Pandeburst
(courtesy Sideboard Magazine)

1 Ancient Tomb
1 City of Traitors
4 Flood Plain
9 Island
4 Plain
1 Tropical Island
2 Tundra
2 Volcanic Island
2 Pandemonium
4 Replenish
2 Saproling Burst
1 Annul
4 Brainstorm
4 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
4 Frantic Search
4 Intuition
2 Lilting Refrain
4 Merchant Scroll
1 Mystical Tutor

SIDEBOARD

3 Annul
4 Hydroblast
1 Misdirection
2 Powder Keg
2 Pyroblast
2 Seal of Cleansing
1 Wrath of God

D

Duel

I dunno, Giz. Let's be unimaginative and take something a little closer to Gordon Lin's deck (He won GP australia). It's, technically, 5 color. 5cU.

Red
3 Pandamonium
Green
3 Saporling burst
White
4 Replenish
Black
4 Duress
3 Demonic Consultation
Blue
4 Mystical tutor
4 Force of Will
4 Intuition
4 Frantic search
4 Brainstorm

Land
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Brass
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Tundra
4 Underground Sea
3 City of Traitors

This deck has 3 types of cards:
1: the combo
4x replenish
3x pandemonium
3x saproling burst
It only plays with 3 of each, because they're useless in your hand, and it only needs one of each in the graveyard

2: Defenders
4x Force of will
4x Duress
4x Brainstorm (Anti-duress tech)
Let's stop their stuff!

3: Searchers
3x Demonic Consultation
4x Frantic Search
4x Brainstorm (Twice, these appear)
4x Intuition (It even puts them in the graveyard for you)
4x Mystical tutor

This deck trades EVERYTHING for the ability to find the combo. There are almost twice as many search cards as there are cards in the combo. You WILL get what you need, with these to help you. This is the difference between Lin's and Hahn's versions. Hahn's tried to stop you, and then go off, but this deck can often outrace trix, so it pulled alot of the counterspells for searchers and helpers. Compare High Tide to Academy decks, you'll see a similar pattern.