2014 Vintage Championship Deck

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Spiderman, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Well, I'll put it this way...

Casting a 7/7 flying lifelink creature with pay 7 life: draw 7 cards for only three mana is good enough to win tournaments. Are you surprised? :p
  3. Melkor Active Member

Or for only two mana with Oath of Druids!
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I meant more in terms of is this a "new" deck archetype (can there be those?), old one, or it seems an Oath deck that uses a newer creature from last year's Championships as the kill condition?
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Not sure what you mean. Griselbrand has been around for a few years and isn't really considered new anywhere except maybe here, because this site is populated exclusively by old fogies. In the last year or so (probably a bit more), Oath decks in Vintage moved away from other creatures and became Griselbrand decks, because Griselbrand is just too good to pass up. If I Oath up Emrakul or something, you might still be able to stop me somehow, despite the protection from colored spells. If I Oath up Griselbrand, even if you have answers, I can activate him to draw a way to play around your answers. If I understand your question correctly, the answer is that Griselbrand Oath is a major archetype in Vintage.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yes, that answered my question. It's an established archetype, not something "new" that popped up for this tournament.