2006 US National Championship Thread

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
2006 US Championship

I've been checking in on this from time to time yesterday and today, following two players.

Antonio de Rosa: Last year's champ. Started off with a rocky first day, but is sitting nice at number 13, right now.

Sol Malka: I played against this guy a few times in Atlanta. I love to point out to people that I've beaten him twice (games, though, not matches), even though he's beaten me countless times. He used to be ranked #1 in the world, thanks to the competition in ATL. He had a rough first day, ending day one ranked 69, but had an amazing draft and is sitting ranked 34.

They're about to go into the last set of rounds, the second set of Standard rounds.

Go Sol and Antonio!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh wow. De Rosa faces off against Gabe Walls in the current round.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gizmo

It's been a f***ing awesome English Nationals for moxradio.

We took 6 players in 'Team Moxradio' and ended up placing 1st, 3rd, 7th, and 11th with four of them. That means 2/3rds of the English team at worlds is going to come from moxradio and we'll also be sending Craig Jones as well after his Honolulu result earlier this year!

And it seems relatively likely that I will be there as well to do the audio coverage as well. Score!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Tell the gang at Moxradio "Congrats" for me! I hope you do get to do coverage at Worlds.

Is your coverage of English Nationals up, yet?

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gizmo

It goes up as we do it, so we started on Friday and we don't leave the venue until the last life has been lost and the dust has settled.