2 years to this day...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I thought the Coast Guard got absorbed into the Homeland Security Office... :confused:
Technicaly, they used to be part of the Treasury Department - which used to also head the IRS and the ATF...what's really ironic is that the Treasury is not officially part of the government. I'm glad that they're a true gov't agency now instead of just an overrated security force owned by private interests...

-Ferret

"...ATF=Army, Coast Guard=Navy, IRS=Secret Police..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the Coast Guard was part of the Department of Interior or something... never would have thought it was part of the Treasury?

And what do you mean the Treasury is not "officially" part of the government? Even more :confused:

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I thought the Coast Guard was part of the Department of Interior or something... never would have thought it was part of the Treasury?

And what do you mean the Treasury is not "officially" part of the government? Even more :confused:
It's true. They are part of the Federal Reserve (or the other way around - I forget.) The Federal Reserve is made up of 12 privately owned banks. They own all the money in the country - not the federal government - and we're more-or-less renting it...

-Ferret

"It's true!"

T

train

Ferret's right - and those guys have secret - we'll adjust interest rates meetings every now and then...

You will be up front, where the action is.
Yep - making it safe while putting yourself in danger...

Kind of like judging magic tourneys!...:eek: :p

T

train

They caught the heathen...

My favorite quote that's been reported was the following:

Iraqis near tikrit - "Saddam is in our hearts, Saddam is in our blood!"
Iraqi police/US tropp response - "Saddam is in our jail!"