15-card highlander

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it WAS mediocre... until someone combined it with Sneak Attack (which isn't in the decks here).

D

Dune Echo

Because of the limited nature of the cards, aren't the chances of your opponent being ready for this type of attack unlikely? Look at your decks that you made, only the white ones and some of the red decks I've seen have access to artifact removal, and very limited artifact removal at that. As long as you can get the Haunted Crossroads or Gaea's Blessing recursion, you can potentially get your creatures into play over and over again, regardless of what they do to them. In any case, the beatdown creatures, if you can get them into play quickly enough, can potentially overwhelm your opponent.

H

HumanError

I know they're not terribly original and are in fact a little stupid...and these aren't usually my style decks (but since I've shrunk to 15 instead of 60, I've found I can screw around more)...but anyways, here are my two contributions as Type I decks:

Kaervek's Academy

Mana Spells
Basalt Monolith
Dark Ritual
Grim Monolith
Lotus Petal
Mana Vault
Sol Ring

Utility
Helm of Awakening
Hurkyl's Recall
Twiddle
Voltaic Key

Kill Card
Kaervek's Torch

Land
River Delta
Rootwater Depths
Tolarian Academy
Underground Sea

Fluctuating Death, Economy-Pak

Creatures
Bloated Toad
Cloud of Faeries
Darkwatch Elves
Disciple of Grace
Disciple of Law
Drifting Djinn
Pendrell Drake
Sandbar Merfolk
Sandbar Serpent

Spells
Fluctuator
Living Death
Sol Ring
Songs of the Damned

Land
Bayou
Underground Sea

I know they're not too great, but they're degenerate enough that I get the idea as to why you guys generally play this in Type II. :)

D

Dune Echo

http://www.webspawner.com/users/15ch/index.html

This is a general all-purpose website for posting the basic rules and Banned/Watched list.

I'm still working on finishing my initial list.

If anyone wants to be put on my mailing list, please let me know via PM what your email is or via email itself. Thanks.

G

Gizmo

Sole Spector - obviously not quite grasping the point of 'Highlander' magic.
:)

Type-2, right now. The way to design a deck is to work out where your extra cards are going to come from, and then building a deck around that.

I

Istanbul

Hmmmm.

6x Forest
Llanowar Elf
Stampede Driver
Blastoderm
Trained Armodon
Silt Crawler
Grizzly Bears
Nomadic Elf
Hurricane
Revive

Type 2, of course.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Istanbul: What about Groundskeeper in that deck? You then have some nice recursion to combo with the Stampede Driver.

D

Dune Echo

Istanbul: Instead of Revive, why not Restock? The chances are something is going to get destroyed as well as any spells you cast and you'll have the neccessary two targets for the spell. Restock will also get you "deck advantage" by essentially giving you 16 cards in your deck instead of 15 which, as Gizmo pointed out, is what this format is all about.

Also, if Restock is too pricey for you, wouldn't Reclaim be a better option than Revive? In this format, you won't have a Draw Step after 8 turns anyway, and Reclaim is an instant for G.

Ransac: Is that like the 60 card land deck someone went 1-0 with? :) You have to have at least Animate Land and Living Land in the deck. Actually, that's not too bad of an idea...

"Timber!"
Colors: Green
Created by: Kirsin Koch
Description/Theme: Stomp your opponent with trees

Green:
1 Animate Land
1 Gaea's Blessing
1 Living Land
1 Quirion Dryad
1 Regrowth
1 Thelonite Druid
1 Verdant Touch
1 Wild Growth

Lands:
7 Forest

Sideboard:
1 City of Solitude
1 Emerald Charm
1 Living Lands

Will it actually work? Probably not. :)

K

KaVu_LoRd

the most abusive thing ive seen is a combo deck.

here it is

cursed scroll
llanowar elves
penumbra worm ( beast)
Birds of paradise
quirion elves
Obliterate ( death )
stroke of genius ( fun )
deranged hermit
Grim monolith
voltaiic key

Gaeas cradle
Ghiutu encampment
Treetop village
forest
island

the point is to blow him/ her away with obliterate after making him draw his deck, then kill him with the wurm.

O

orgg

...relooking at old threads... this one makes me wish that Magic Online allowed fifteen card decks...

G

Gizmo

It's a really fun format, if you can get a bunch of mates together willing to design decks for it you'll have a whale of a time. It's still one of my favourite Magic memories is designing for and playing that tournament.

:)

Killer Joe

I didn't read anywhere how long the tournament took overall, or the matches.

I'd be interested in running one of these at our local shop. Thanks for the idea! :D