13nova's casual deck idea

13NoVa

keep in mind i ALWAYS build around a tournament format, but this deck is not built to be competitive in the field

the format: Type 1

12 restricted goodness
R Wheel of fortune
R Demonic tutor
R Vampiric tutor
R Regrowth
R fastbond
R Sol ring
R Stroke of genius
R Braingeyser
R Tolarian Academy
R Mind over Matter
R Mox diamond
R Lotus Petal

28 the other goodness
4 horn of greed
4 exploration
2 tabernacle at pendral vale
4 Pendrell Mists
4 Propaganda
2 maze of ith
4 brainstorm
4 thoughtcast

24 the land
4 tree of tales
4 ancient tomb
4 glimmervoid
4 vault of whispers
4 great furnace
4 seat of the synod

total card count: 64

the deck on apprentice is pretty cool. It can stall against most decks because of the pendrell mists, the tabernacle, and the propaganda's. you can go totally off with the horn of greed.

the kill:

tolarian+Mind over matter+draw

N

Notepad

This looks hella silly! Interesting theme with the restricted goodness. Any chance you'll be writing an article on this for the front page?

R

Rooser

The ancient tombs might could be Darksteel Citadels. I assume the idea is to deck your opponent with a super Geyser Stroke? Prosperity might be a nice set-up card for you, so that you can draw a lot and do some card damage to them in the process.

13NoVa

SeFRo maybe after i do some extensive testing with it i'll write an article, but keep in mind im 17, so my writing skills are not as well-developed as those of the more educated variety...

T

Tabasco

Yes I can tell you he isn't much of a publisher, unlike myself on the other hand.....

T

train

I have to say, that i don't really care how in depth someone may or may not be at writing skills, it is always nice to have amateurs, entrepreneurs, and finally professionals in any field...

"Except killing... leave that to the amateurs!...":p

N

Notepad

Originally posted by 13NoVa
SeFRo maybe after i do some extensive testing with it i'll write an article, but keep in mind im 17, so my writing skills are not as well-developed as those of the more educated variety...
Okay, so you're worrid about your writing skills. No problem. Tell ya what, you don't need extensive testing. Just write about the concept and what the cards do, and possible strategy (a lot like my Casual Tactics articles).

Then, I'll edit it for you if you want. In fact, that goes for anyone. I'd like to help out the community, so if anybody has an article they want to post, but are worried about their skills, just send it to me and I'll edit it for you. Easy enough.

(I've done a lot of copy editing in my time. My articles just look the way they do because they are almost always rough drafts and I am in a rush to get my own stuff out.)

How about it? Anybody up for free copy editing?