100% complete 7th Edition Spoiler w/rarities!

H

Hetemti

...I keep hearing people whining about certain cards being removed...other than Armageddon, and previously Pillage, how many base set cards actually saw play? Very few...

N

NeuroDeus

Elvish Champion - 99% impossibility (It was in Invasion!).
Art - Great.
Serra - Great.
Set - Yes I might collect the non-foil one.
Else - It's the usual core set, might finally get 4 Serra Angels...

C

Cateran Emperor

I wouldn't be so skeptical of the Champion for two reasons.

First, Elves have been in the game forever. Elf players have been around forever. Wizards is finally giving them their own true Lord in the base set. I think they could have waited until 8th but hey, doesn't bother me.

Second, check out the page of 7th art. Tell me that this isn't Elvish Champion: http://www.gamezoneperu.com/Magic/mg_Septima8.htm Note that all the other Lords in 7th have armies behind them:

http://www.gamezoneperu.com/Magic/mg_Septima12.htm Lord of Atlantis

http://www.gamezoneperu.com/Magic/mg_Septima14.htm Goblin King

D

Duel

How about Eladamri? could it be him?
Or possibly simply Elvish Ranger?
Elvish Berserker?

Z

Zadok001

Not Eladamri - Legend.

Take into account that pwrchild (source that gave us MANY Planeshift cards before the release) said there were two Invasion cards in 7th. Elvish Champion and Razorfoot Griffin are in this list. I would guess this is accurate.

And I'm HAPPY. No Gaea's Blessing, sadly, but there are a number of GREAT cards I'm glad to see returning!

D

Dead

Everything looked great for the return of black to type 2- there's some great discard in there, or you could build an aggressive speed deck what with unholy and sinister srength and cheap black critters, maybe with red backup.

But then i noticed the problem. No Dark Ritual. It's not in Invasion either. So when Masques rotates out, black could be dead and buried in T2, despite all those great cards, as it just isn't fast enough without ritual. Here's hoping it's in Odyssey...

M

Mr_Pestilence

Yep, 7th sux for Black. Here's hoping they reprint Dark Ritual, Pestilence, and Perish in an upcoming release. Otherwise, I don't see much reason to play Black.

Yeah, Black has a billion ways to kill creatures or force discards, but it still has to have a way to win, and I don't think Scuta is the answer.

D

Duel

They can't get rid of ritual. It's too basic, too necessary. Black is the only color without any artifact or enchantment removal, in return, it must be blazingly fast.

Z

Zadok001

They can, and they will - WotC has NEVER reprinted a card banned in one of the DCI formats. NEVER. Ritual is dead and buried.

D

Duel

Dammit! Dammit dammit dammit! Nooooo! Black SUCKS!

BTW, another 7th spoiler is on MTGnews, haven't compared them yet, though.

S

Sammy Dead-O

...I believe Dingus Egg was actually banned at one point. It's being reprinted, so I guess there's hope that Ritual will come back eventually.

Z

Zadok001

It was banned for a while, and then unbanned. UNBANNED. Allow me to rephrase: WotC has never reprinted something that IS banned in any DCI format. That means that if Dark Ritual is banned in Extended, it won't be reprinted. Once it is unbanned, it will return. Until then...

P

Purple_jester

I never thought I'd say that. But it did. It got buried. No Ritual, unless they change their mind and print it in Odyssey. No Sengir. No Disk. Not even a Powder Keg. No useful Knights.

Hey, if Ritual is gone, couldn't they reprint the Hypnotic Specter? The reason that it was so powerful is because it could be Ritualled out the first turn. Think about it.

M

mogg bomber

Yeah, black looks just terrible in this spoiler, and honestly red(my favorite color) looks almost just as bad. It looks like they really wanted to build up white and blue.