10 Best in Legions:

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
T

train

the muses...

White has a propaganda, and green says... I beat stasis, I have mana every turn, I do what I want every turn...

Do you know what a seedborn muse does with a goblin sharpshooter in MP... (well, besides make you the target of everyone else's spells...)

J

Jigglypuff

Here's my top five favorite cards, in no particular order.

Dreamborn Muse
Graveborn Muse
The White Muse
Akroma
Scion of Darkness

(- Steve -)

T

train

Akroma is nice... but again... 3 muses make the top 3...

They're some powerful business, no matter how you look at it...

N

Nightstalkers

one of the funniest must be mistform ultimus... you try to state all of the creature types it is!!!

and not to mention those eight costing ability critters... what a laugh!!!

but what takes the cake is a 2/1 that gives a critter 3/3 when turned face up!!! What is that!!!

I

Istanbul

In no particular order...

Bane of the Living
Black has needed a card like this for some time. It can blow up massive amounts of creatures, its morph cost is variable, and it's a pretty decent price for a 4/3 if you just want that.

Caller of the Claw
A serious killer punisher. Wrath of Who? Mutiwhich? It's a pretty good card, and will fit into many decks, mark my words.

Crookclaw Elder
Yeah, you heard me. Picture it alongside Opposition. Birdposition, anyone? Battle Screech, this, perhaps some Keepers of the Nine Gales?

Graveborn Muse
At the VERY worst, he's 1 more for a Phyrexian Arena attached to a 3/3 body. At best, he's the closest thing black is gonna see to Necro for some time.

Patron of the Wild
What can I say? He's a nasty surprise waiting for people who enter combat with your creatures...a sudden +3/+3 is nothing to sneeze at.

Seedborn Muse
Well, duh. The ability to keep right on untapping is just slick. How could anyone argue against this card?

Skirk Marauder
A very nice goblin, and a built-in Shock is a good thing. Especially nice because he's still a good goblin AFTER you flip him.

Tribal Forcemage
Very respectable. A miniature Overrun, specific to creature type, and easily splashable.

Okay, so it's only 8. Whichever. :)

N

Nightstalkers

how does everyone feel about he higher end rares... like Phage and the Scion of Darkness?

Scion is just another Spirit of the Night but Phage! a real easy killed critter if you ask us.

I

Istanbul

Scion is cute, and has some potential, especially because of the word 'Trample'. Even if he dies, if he can just squeeze one point of damage through, he can bring himself back.

Phage is a gimmick. Plain and simple. The new Cephalid with the tap-sac, make a creature unblockable until EOT thing makes her borderline playable, and the lack of cards that can destroy her without blocking in Legions (Bane of the Living excepted) makes her better, but she's still something of a liability in any REAL format.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

1: Caller of the Claw (Because WOG just NEEDS a kick in the chops.)
2: Hollow Specter (Spectactular Specter)
3: Windborn Muse (Propaganda spreader)
4: Bane of the Living (OMG! They made Biohazard!!1 :D ;) :p)
5: Skirk Alarmist (In a morph deck with trampling stuff and fat morph beasts, this is good times.)
6: Willbender (Target-changing representative of blue)
7: Deftblade Elite (Yes! A common!)
8: Graveborn Muse (Phyrexian Erina)
9: Goblin Goon (It's a 6/6 for 4, but is its requirement really that likely?)
10: Planar Guide (Temporary imprisonment for everybody! ^_^)

Worst card: Dripping Dead (You may stop complaining about Phage being horrible garbage now. An insult to undeath itself.)

Honorable Mention: Mistform Ultimus (He's a Lady of Proper Etiquette?)

I

Istanbul

Just a couple of comments:
Skirk Alarmist + Krosan Cloudscraper? Okay. I'll block the Cloudscraper with an expendable 1/1 and let them both die. Cloudscraper has no trample, no nothing.
Dripping Dead is not the worst card in this set, if only because if you can find a way to give him first strike, he's a real beast. That honor goes to Mons' Wizard Raiders. (Fugitive Wizard)

Originally posted by Shiro, Time Devourer
1: Caller of the Claw (Because WOG just NEEDS a kick in the chops.)
2: Hollow Specter (Spectactular Specter)
3: Windborn Muse (Propaganda spreader)
4: Bane of the Living (OMG! They made Biohazard!!1 :D ;) :p)
5: Skirk Alarmist (+ Krosan Cloudscraper = good times.)
6: Willbender (Target-changing representative of blue)
7: Deftblade Elite (Yes! A common!)
8: Graveborn Muse (Phyrexian Erina)
9: Goblin Goon (It's a 6/6 for 4, but is its requirement really that likely?)
10: Planar Guide (Temporary imprisonment for everybody! ^_^)

Worst card: Dripping Dead (You may stop complaining about Phage being horrible garbage now. An insult to undeath itself.)

Honorable Mention: Mistform Ultimus (He's a Lady of Proper Etiquette?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Istanbul's comments about Scion and Phage.

Although since I got a Scion in one of my prize boosters from the Prerelease, I'm trying to build a deck around it to use it in my MP games :)

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Istanbul
Scion is cute, and has some potential, especially because of the word 'Trample'. Even if he dies, if he can just squeeze one point of damage through, he can bring himself back.

Phage is a gimmick. Plain and simple. The new Cephalid with the tap-sac, make a creature unblockable until EOT thing makes her borderline playable, and the lack of cards that can destroy her without blocking in Legions (Bane of the Living excepted) makes her better, but she's still something of a liability in any REAL format.
Agree completely with Phage. I think Scion is good not only because of the trample, but because you can get him into play from the Graveyard with a 1 cc creature. You just have to keep that alive long enough...

However, the sqeeze one point of damage through thing that you are saying doesn't work because Scion cannot target creatures in your own graveyard.

N

Nightstalkers

Just think about if you want to bring back Phage??? what an idiot that would be... "Ok, I'll bring back Phage, the Untouchable. I'm dead!!!"

it brings tears to our ears.

N

Notepad

Yes, Phage is bad and Dripping Dead is puke, and that 1/1 Wizard is a joke, but...

The other gimmick card is Akroma. Supposedly so awesome and kewl. Reanimating her is the only way to go. If you're gonna try to hard-cast, just give up the game because your opponent will have you dead long before then.

And the new Ornithropter...that you have to cast. What the hell is that? Aven Envoy...to what/where?, the trash can?

But top cards, I have to say I really enjoy the new slivers. The best of the bunch is Essence Sliver, and a distant second is Brood Sliver and Ward Sliver tied, though not too bad. Yes, those latter two cost five mana, but play a sliver deck in casual and you'll see how much they really help.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Akroma can still be the target of spells or abilities, and she has no protection from blue, green or white. WTF?! And where's the morph trigger? or the morph?

I still like her, though.

N

Notepad

Shiro, that would have been funny if they just stacked on a few more abilities. But honestly, people are putting too much value on her.