1.XO - New Magic Format

W

WickedBoy6

Just an Idea I had one day that might make Magic just a bit more familiar to older players whom are still in a rush to keep up with the new players:

Type 1.XO - Extending-Originals

Permitted Sets

Unlimited
Revised
4th Ed.
5th Ed.
Arabian Nights
Antiquities
Lgends
The Dark
Fallen Empires
Ice Age
Homelands
Alliances
Mirage
Visions
Weatherlight

Banned Cards

Amulet of Quoz
Ancestral Recall
Balance
Berserk
Black Lotus
Black Vise
Braingeyser
Bronze Tablet
Channel
Chaos Orb
Contract from Below
Darkpact
Demonic Attorney
Demonic Consultation
Demonic Tutor
Doomsday
Enlightened Tutor
Falling Star
Fastbond
Fork
Hurkyl's Recall
Jeweled Bird
Library of Alexandria
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Mind Twist
Mox Emerald
Mox Jet
Mox Pearl
Mox Ruby
Mox Sapphire
Mystical Tutor
Necropotence
Rebirth
Recall
Regrowth
Sol Ring
Strip Mine
Tempest Efreet
Time Walk
Timetwister
Timmerian Fiends
Vampiric Tutor
Wheel of Fortune

T

train

Not bad... But give me a break!!!...

Chaos Orb has to be legal somewhere!...;)

W

WickedBoy6

1.XO isn't DCI-Supported...Hell, it's probably not even a third-thought in the typical DCI member. This is pure "Chipatog, Inc."-style. I just took what was banned in 1.5 (My favorite format).

T

train

So it's DCC(chipatog)- supported??...

Just make an exception for Chaos orb and i'll be happy!!!...

M

Mikeymike

Dude, you have to allow Chaos Orb. It was banned more because of its Chaotic ruling issues in tourneys, not for its power level (cough Balance cough). Being that your format is casual, you should permit it.

W

WickedBoy6

Well, seeing as how this IS Casual, you can make up th lists how you see fit, the banned list is just a suggestion. I have decided to alter the banned list. The following cards have been re-instated, unless someone can prove otherwise:

Enlightened Tutor
Mystical Tutor (I never understood why these tutors were banned)
Strip Mine (or this)

...and finally...

CHAOS ORB! (Just because DCI doesn't like it's rulings doesn't mean something so fun should be banned...Look at Chaos Confetti)

T

train

*Train rushes out to the car, speeds home, bursts into the apartment, rushes to the closet, digs out the dust-covered top-loader with his sleeved Chaos Orb inside and begins rejoicing!!!*

W

WickedBoy6

Glad you like it...I don't have *chomp* a Chaos Orb of my own, but I bought, like, 12 Chaos Confettis when they were only a quarter a pop. Those are also fun, and they get the HUGEST reactions from the crowd when played, you'd think Richard Garfield walked in with a bag full of Browbeats.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The tutors were probably banned because they can fetch other restricted cards, effectively doubling the occurance of it from 1 to 2.

Strip Mine was banned because they were a staple in every deck when they were legal because it was an uncounterable Stone Rain.

W

WickedBoy6

Well, Spidey made an intersting point about Strip Mine, but I have hope for the Tutors. Anyone else want to plead the cases?

T

train

The tutors/ strip mine are elementary lingo for: here let me beat your @$$!!!...

Chaos Orb is just Cool!!!...

That $35 I paid for it is no longer a waste!!!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just saying why there were banned in tourney play. In casual, it shouldn't be too big a deal. At the most they should be restricted.

W

WickedBoy6

I should've made a restricted list to it, but I felt following the 1.5 ideal of just banning offending cards was easier...I may just restrict some cards & ban only ante-related ones, like in T1.

T

train

There you go again... stepping on toes - there's nothing wrong with ante!...

I actually have a collection of Ante cards - I pick up as many as possible...