MTGnews full Odd spoiler

M

mogg bomber

My initial thoughts:

Animal Boneyard- Diamond Valley?

Balancing Act- Balance is back? Even in this new form, I suspect it's abusable

Graceful Antelope- Plainswalk is back(although it was never really there to begin with)

Wayward Angel- Anyone else notice that this thing turns into an exact copy of Lord of the Pit?

Patron Wizard- Mundungu, only could be much more annoying. That casting cost is a bit much though.

Traumatize- Millstone anyone?

Gravestorm- Phyrexian Arena is just better.

Haunting Echoes- super lobotomy, I expect to see a lot of these being used

Nefarious Lich- no this isn't very good, I just can't believe they made a new version of Lich

Rotting Giant- 3/3 for 2 mana, with an acceptable drawback

Bomb Squad- it'll get killed before it can do anything, but I like the concept of a Dwarven bomb squad

Chance Encounter- could someone actually use Squee's Revenge in a deck? No, but at least it might almost make someone consider it.

Ember Beast, Mad Dog, Minotaur Explorer- could be a nice creature base for a new Sligh deck

Price of Glory- puts a limit on counterspells, without stopping them completely. Nicely balanced.

Steam Vines- Kudzu returns, although why they'd bring that back I can't guess

Green as a whole- what's up with all the Squirrels and Elephants?

Metamorphic Wurm- "Elephant Wurm"?, hopefully the artwork will explain that(although I'm not really sure I want to see an elephant wurm)

Overrun- glad to see it back

Spellbane Centaur- would be a lot better if it stopped counterspells

Squirrel Mob- funniest idea for a card I've seen in awhile

Iridescent Angel- overpriced, but you have to give a second look to something that says "protection from all colors"

Otarian Juggarnaut- with threshold, it's an exact reprint of Juggarnaut

Double lands(Mossfire Valley, etc.)- look pretty good, but don't use too many

:confused: :confused: this is one weird set. Hopefully they'll keep it up, I'm just glad to see something fresh, the last storyline went on for far too long, which made the cards not seem as unique.

D

Dementia

First it was Tireless Tribe. Now check this out:D

Confessor (common)
W
Creature - Cleric
Whenever a player discards a card from his or her hand, you may gain 1 life.
1/1

First turn this guy. Second turn Tolarian Winds gain 5 or 6 life and be really close to having Threshold!

Admittiedly not as cool a combo as the Tired Face combo, but this thing could be REAAAALY annoying.

Not only that there is lots of stuff to do with this stupid little white weiner. I can't help looking at it and shuttering at the thought of all the games I have lost because of Soul Warden....HOW I HATE SOUL WARDEN!:mad:

Second turn Verdict....oh look. I just gained 2 life...add that to the 2 lands you just discarded and I'll just gain 8.

Odd gave white some GOOD one drops. I've noticed that when I am making my decks there is a big lack of quality one drops in Standard right now. That seems to be gonna change with Odd. At least for green and white it does.

L

Lotus Mox

Confessor has an even "better" combo with Nefarious Lich:

Confessor, Nefarious Lich and Zombie Infestation: Discard 2 cards for a 2/2 Zombie, the life gain turns into card draw so you draw 2 cards, wash, rinse and repeat for lots of 2/2 Zombies :).

Melkor

Odyssey is a set that I figure to trade for some cards but not buy very much of. There are just way to many total crap rares. I mean, I couldn't stand the thought of pulling that Red creature that lets you skip drawing or many of the other overcosted creatures and sorcerys which have effects that are so underwhelming. That said their are many good cards, and at least they are trying something new with the massive graveyard interactions. I mean, there are a few cards that would actually make me want to Traumatize myself.