Yep, yet more 7th and PS stuff...

C

Cateran Emperor

Sorry I wasn't on the boards at all yesterday, so to make up for it I have a heaping pile o' news. Enjoy :cool:

I'll start off with Planeshift:

Wretcehd Devotion
2B
Enchantment
Whenever a permanent is returned to a player's hand, that player discards a card from his hand.

Arctic Merfolk
1U
Creature - Merfolk; 1/1
Kicker - Return a creature you control to its owner's hand.
If you paid the kicker cost, Arctic Merfolk comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.

Ertai's Trickery
U
Instant
Counter target spell if a kicker cost was paid for it.

Alpha Kavu
2G
Creature - Kavu
1G: Target Kavu gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

Nemata, Grove Guardian
4GG
Creature - Treefolk Legend
2G: Put a Saproling token into play. Treat it as a 1/1 green creature.
Sacrifice a Saproling token: All Saprolings get +1/+1 until end of turn.
4/5

Hull Breach
RG
Instant
Destroy target artifact and enchantment

Phyrexian Tyranny - UBR
Enchantment
Rare
Whenever a player draws a card, that player loses 2 life unless he or she pays 2.

Now, I've also got the cycle of Planeswlaker's cards:

Planeswalker's Mirth
2W
Enchantment
3W: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Gain life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Planeswalker's Scorn
2B
Enchantment
3B: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that card.

Planeswalker's Favor
2G
Enchantment
3G: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that card.

Planeswalker's Mischief
2U
Enchantment
3U: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Remove that card from the game. Until end of turn, you may play that card as though it were in your hand using your own mana.

Planeswalker's Fury
2R
Enchantment
3R: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Planeswalker's Fury deals damage to target creature or player equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Next order of business is 7th edition. The following cards have been confirmed to be in 7th:

Boil
Flashfires
Pillage
Foul Familiar
Necrologia
Unholy Strength

For everyone's convenience, I'll put the current list below:

IN
Birds of Paradise
Boil
City of Brass
Dark Banishing
Drudge Skeletons
Duress
Eastern Paladin
Elite Archers
Ensnaring Bridge
Fallen Angel
Flashfires
Fog
Foul Imp
Gerrard's Wisdom
Giant Growth
Glorious Anthem
Goblin Hero
Goblin Matron
Goblin Raider
IA pain lands
Mahamoti Djinn
Megrim
Mind Rot
Necrologia
Nightmare
Northern Paladin
Orcish Artillery
Ostrasize
Pariah
Pillage
Pygmy Pyrosaur
Raging Goblin
Serra Angel
Shivan Dragon
Southern Paladin
Unholy Strength
Western Paladin
Worship
Wrath of God

OUT
All other non-basic lands
Armageddon
Carnophage
Cursed Scroll
Dread of Night
Erhnam Djinn
Goblin Bombardment
Grave Pact
Kindle
Icy Manipulator
Incinerate
Man-'o-War
Mana Flare
Mindless Automaton
Mox Diamond
Nevinyrral's Disk
Paralyze
Peace of Mind
Powder Keg
Rathi Dragon
Royal Assassin
Sengir Vampire
Shard Phoenix
Silver Wyvern
Sorceress Queen
Stupor

D

Duster

|Planeswalker's Scorn
|2B
|Enchantment
|3B: Choose a card at random from target opponent's |hand. Target creature gets -X/-X until end of |turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that |card.

This ROCKS!

S'all,
Dustin

F

fuzzy510

No Man-O'-War? I need my Man-O'Wars! (Or is it Men-O'-War?)

S

Sammy Dead-O

When do I get to find out if Anaba Shaman is gonna be in 7th?

D

DÛke

...or is Wretcehd Devotion a "Recoil" invoker? Come on, this is clearly to be played with Blue bounce cards. Can anyway just see it coming: Washout? I would Imagen that Wretcehd Devotion is going to be a very nice, playable little card, with Washout, Seal of Removal, and Waterfront Bouncer.

Washout and Wretcehd Devotion is just doom.

I like it. Let's hope it's uncommon now.

D

Duster

Wretched Devotion and New Gating Cards in Planeshift.

Discuss.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i'm definetly making room for 2 wretched devotion in my control deck

D

DÛke

...Wretcehd Devotion is really something Blue will use for sure. Each bounce spell is a semi-Recoil.

How annoying would Waterfront Bouncer be!? Plus, don't forget that if you return a creature back to owner's hand, and that player has no cards in hand, you have just destroyed a creature...this alters the Bouncer from a simple Unsummon spellshaper, into a Terminate spellshaper; I use "Terminate" because the Bouncer could target anything, just like Terminate.

Washout would become somewhat a Wrath of God for Blue...somewhat.

Parallax Nexus is going to get my reconsideration for my Blue/Black control decks. Let's face it, with Nexus and Wretcehd Devotion, you'd destroy any target permenant with the proper bounce spell; something as feeble as a Boomerang would become so handy, it's not even funny. Plus, Recoil would become something like a "double-trouble".

To add to all the above advantages, Doomsday Specter would even be much more annoying. Destroying the opponent's hand, making each bounce spell and Wretcehd Devotion even more powerful tech.

Yep, I'm getting my Wretcehd Devotion as soon as Planeshift is out.

I

Istanbul

I am SO making a blue/black deck. Currently trading for cards to go in it. (Anybody have any Avatars of Will?)

Between Doomsday Specter, Recoil, Wretched Devotion, and Distorting Wake (OUCH), I can see life becoming very unpleasant for pretty much everyone.

D

DÛke

...I >>was<< thinking of that one card: Distorting Wake...Istanbul just reminded me of it.

Yeah...Wretched Devotion is something. I also want to add one more thing, and that would be: I think that B/U control at least should >>consider<< using more discard than counter power. With Wretched Devotion, counter power is not as good as discard, but discard kills the opponent's hand, giving a player more chance to >>destroy<< a permenant with a bounce spell. Plus, discard is always good...

I think I'll like Planeshift.

T

The Magic Jackal

Armageddon not in 7th? This has to be incorrect. It's one of the staple cards that makes magic what it is. I will be really dissappointed if it doesn't get reprinted.

S

superguy

Yay! Duress is in!
Necrologia is also one of my favourites, so i'm glad that's in. And if they reprinted Serra, Shivan and Mahamoti, 7th edition should be very good. Now I just hope they reprint Hammer....

S

superguy

Oh yeah, and Wretched Devotion is just sick. It turns any bouncing spell into Recoil, and Recoil into super-Recoil. And with Distorting Wake/Wash Out and other goodies to go with it, I think blue/black can make a strong comeback, even on the tourney scene.

Y

yawnmoth

I am 51% sure that I think Tradewind Rider will be reprinted in 7th...

D

Deadman

Originally posted by The Magic Jackal
Armageddon not in 7th? This has to be incorrect. It's one of the staple cards that makes magic what it is.
So?
The same was said about Dark Ritual and Lightning Bolt.
It seems no cards are safe anymore, watch out, they'll be taking Counterspell out next!

T

Teferi

i like all those planeswalker cards but the white one...i am a white mage on occasion, so i'm sad to see white get shafted with wimpy life gain yet again

D

DÛke

...has always been one of my favorite cards.

I think with Mind Swords, Unmask, Snuff-Out, Avatar of Woe, and a couple of other Blue and Black ACC spells, Necrologia could become very powerful, since the cards you draw are mostly "free".

Especially with Avatar of Woe, enabling you to draw many creatures...discard them (since it's the discard step)...and this helps make you some steps closer to playing an Avatar of Woe with ACC.

A player wouldn't be able to play Unmask or Mind Swords instantly, BUT...the key is getting enough cards to play their ACC...especailly Mind Swords, which has a very wicked drawback...with Necrologia, the drawback is a bit less abrasive.

C

Cateran Emperor

For certain:

Guard Dogs
3W
Creature - Hound
2W, T: Choose a permanent you control. Prevent all combat damage target creature would deal this turn if it shares a color with that permanent.
2/2

Hobble
2W
Enchant Creature
Common
When Hobble comes into play, draw a card. Enchanted creature can't block. Enchanted creature can't attack if it's red.

Slingshot Goblin
2R
Creature - Goblin
Common
R, T: Slingshot Goblin deals 2 damage to target blue creature.
2/2

Now, not entirely certain:

Gaea's Paladin
2WG
Creature - Knight
First Strike
Protection from Black.
1: Gaea's Paladin gets Protection from Red until end of turn.
1: Gaea's Paladin gets Protection from Blue until end of turn.
2/2

Tornado Drake
1UU
Creature - Drake
Flying
Whenever Tornado Drake deals combat damage to an opponent, you may return target creature that player controls to its owner's hand.
2/2

I have yet to 100% confirm the last two though, so don't jump on them yet.

S

superguy

The goblin is not bad in limited, and the Guard Dogs are very good as far as I'm corncerned, maybe not in constrcuted, but in limited for sure. I lately started to hate all white protection creatures, so I won't give my opinion on the palladin, but I think the drake is very useful, both in cosntrcuted and limited. Oh yeah, and Necrologia is a great card as DÛke said because it allows you to get a great advantage over opponent. It use it in my black casual controllish/discard deck right now, and it is especially great against blue decks. It allows you to fetch far more threats than the opponent can counter. Duresses, Hymns, Hippies, etc. I am very glad it will be back. It is one of those non-broken-yet-still-great-fun cards.

A

Apollo

Yawn. COlor hosers never are much for talking about. And those particular ones aren't that powerful.

The only card that looks interesting there is the Drake, mainly in limited.