Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The third time the puzzle is solved, the blue light flares with blinding intensity. A beam of piercing light shoots forth from the grid and strikes the torch. When the flash of light fades, the torch is no longer a torch at all, but an ornate arrow, which could be fired from a bow...

Hail of Doom Arrow: One use. When this arrow is fired, it adds +1 Strength to the shot. If the arrow hits, it deals damage 2D6 times. Worth 150 gold.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, that's nifty." Dorgath offers the arrow to Carrow. "But we still need to get through the door." Dorgath tries pushing/opening the door.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I haven't forgotten about this, but I kinda cornered myself. Even though I finished details for the rest of this deep, I never put an image of this room into a kind of electronic format. Figured I'd just make a diagram with letters the way we'd done for most of the corridors and such, but this one's a bit more complicated. I'll come up with something, but in the meantime, here's the verbal description...

Passing through the huge doorway, you find yourselves in a vast, stony chamber. Directly in front of you, the floor drops off. A few feet down, a rushing stream of some boiling, noxious fluid pours through the chamber. The only way across would be to leap across a series of thick posts that rise above the height of the boiling river. On the other side of the chamber a metal apparatus is attached to the floor. It looks like a valve, perhaps one that shuts off the stream...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not even close. The distances between platforms is short enough that Dorgath can clear each leap (Jekaena cannot), but each leap would take a turn and it would take five of them to make it to the other side.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wait, is Jekaena shorter than a dwarf?
No, she's much taller. She only has one usable foot. Her magic cane lets her keep moving forward at about the same pace someone with a cane would normally be able to walk, even if the terrain is uneven. But it doesn't help her jump, leap, hop, skip, climb, swim, cartwheel, pirouette, slide, shuffle, backpedal, or run. It doesn't even facilitate an awesome baseball slide.

turgy22

Nothing Special
If Throg attempts to levitate and succeeds, is he guaranteed to reach the other side or is there a possibility of falling into the toxic goo?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No way. Levitating only provides vertical movement. Throg was able to get over his companions by floating high and pushing off the wall to gain momentum while falling, but there's no leverage for that here and the distance is much greater. Throg might be able to react quickly enough to catch himself and levitate if he fell off a post, but if they're as robust as they appear to be, then that'd be unlikely. The posts are massive, rigid, and almost wide enough for Throg to sleep on, although it seems like that wouldn't be very healthy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, forgot Jakeana has a bum leg...

"All right, looks like someone needs to get across to get to that valve. Who's the most nimblest or feeling lucky?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Revaethan's wearing armor, and he has some special movement tricks, so maybe he should step up. If he can't/won't, Ty will go. He's not really wearing that much in the way of armor either, so leaping about should be easier for him.