Fantasy Football 2012

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's right, TomB! You better sigh!!!!! HAH! I pwned you all over the place! There's nothing that you could've done to stop this onslaught of Ransacian Aweso- why is my account suddenly locked?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
1. TomBStoners: 8-3
2. The Takklemaggots: 8-3
3. Simarils: 8-3
4. Ransac's Maniacs: 8-3
5. Inaction in Action: 5-6
6. Dwarven Miners: 5-6
7. DF's Warriors: 4-7
8. Wildcard: 4-7
9. Dummies for Ransac: 4-7
10. Moosejaw Charge: 1-10

Playoff Tracker:

#1 TomBStoners 282 vs. #8 Wildcard 131: TomBStoners are up by 151 points. Wildcard still has Jonathan Stewart and Nick Foles and should hope for a high scoring game from both sides.... plus hope that Foles doesn't toss any of his TD's to DeSean Jackson, who is on TomB's team.

#2 The Takklemaggots 271 vs. #5 Inaction in Action 260: Takklemaggots have no players left and is spent. Inaction in Action needs just 12 points total out of Brandon LaFell, Jeremy Maclin, Greg Olsen and the Philadelphia defense. Takklemaggots are essentially hoping that the passing game is shout down for both teams and that the Carolina RB's have a field day.

#3 Simarils 256 vs. #4 Ransac's Maniacs 365: Simarils is down by 111 points and has only the Carolina defense remaining. The highest single game total by a defense this year is 35. The highest single game total by any player this year is 99.

#6 Dwarven Miners 355 vs #10 Moosejaw Charge 117. Dwarven Miners are up by 238 and Moosejaw Charge has only Cam Newton remaining. Again, the highest single game total this season was 99.

The other games had no playoff implications. Ranks 1 though 4 all had records of 8-3, while Ranks 5 and 6 had records of 5-6. Including this week, there are 3 more games to be decided. If any of the 8-3 teams lose out, the 5-6 teams have the opportunity to win out and snatch a playoff spot. At any point a 5-6 team loses, they are out. Once all of the 8-3 teams have won one more game, the 5-6 teams are out.

I am fairly certain that TombStoners and Ransac's Maniacs will go to 9-3 and Dwarven Miners will go to 6-6, leaving Simarils at 8-4. While tonight's game hasn't been played, there is a high likelihood that Inaction in Action wins which would put Takklemaggots at 8-4 and Inaction in Action at 6-6.

Predicted next week rankings.

*1. TomBStoners: 9-3
*2. Ransac's Maniacs: 9-3
3. The Takklemaggots: 8-4
4. Simarils: 8-4
5. Inaction in Action: 6-6
6. Dwarven Miners: 6-6
7. DF's Warriors: 5-7
8. Wildcard: 4-8
9. Dummies for Ransac: 4-8
10. Moosejaw Charge: 1-11

The 5-6 teams are doing what they need to do so far...

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Inaction in Action needs just 12 points total out of Brandon LaFell, Jeremy Maclin, Greg Olsen and the Philadelphia defense. Takklemaggots are essentially hoping that the passing game is shout down for both teams and that the Carolina RB's have a field day.
Ha! The first part about the passing game could happen... witness my WR efforts last week, with 8 points spread among 4 recievers...

R

rokapoke

The 5-6 teams are doing what they need to do so far...
Getting Ransac's approval has made my otherwise disappointing season worthwhile! Hopefully it's enough to put me over the top and into the playoffs, but as he indicated, it's not an easy road.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Despite the slim chance of victory for me this week, I'm pretty sure our playoff participants are already set. Melkor and I both just need one more win to secure our spots and our next two games are against the four worst teams in the league. Good luck in the consolation playoff!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. Hoping Ransac's team will all sit on the bench next week since he would have clinched a spot anyway.... :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Despite the slim chance of victory for me this week, I'm pretty sure our playoff participants are already set. Melkor and I both just need one more win to secure our spots and our next two games are against the four worst teams in the league. Good luck in the consolation playoff!
True, but that would be boring to think of it that way. We have to keep the suspense up!!!!!!! Otherwise, we'd be talking seeding strategies. Since I have the lowest points out of the 8-3's, would everyone's focus be on winning/losing to pair with me for the first round?

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You need 19 points from Morris to stay alive (18 points eliminates you with a tie). League scoring settings are 1 point per attempt, 1 point per 10 yards (+5 at 100 yards) and 6 points per touchdown. This doesn't count any receptions he may accumulate. Unless the Giants shut down the running game and hand Morris his worst performance of the year (his lowest total this year is 18 points), you are in very good shape to continue to try and make the playoffs....

However, it's getting harder now. Takklemaggots are going to win this Weekend and Simarils still has a chance... Here's this weekend playoff view.

#1 TomBStoners 303 vs. DF's Warriors 192: TomBStoner looks to essentially clinch the No. 1 seed by easily winning this game and Ransac's Maniacs losing (realistically, too much of a points gap for anyone to catch up even if TomB loses next week)

#2 Ransac's Maniacs 292 vs. #6 Dwarven Miners 274: The Maniacs are already done for the week, picking up a few points more than projected. The Miners have Alfred Morris left with 19 points to gain to stay alive in the playoff hunt. As mentioned before, the lowest score Morris has achieved this season is 18; he would have to have his worst game of the season for Spidey to lose. FACT: Morris picked up 40 points when he matched up again the Giants earlier this year.

#3 The Takklemaggots 294 vs. Dummies for Ransac 248: All players for both teams have played. The Takklemaggots have clinched a spot in the playoffs.

#4 Simarils 248 vs. Wildcard 262: Simarils can clinch the final Playoff spot with a Win or Tie. He gain achieve this if the NYG defense gets their projected total of 14 points. If not, Simarils need to go through DF Warriors next week as only a 15-point favorite.

#5 Inaction in Action 240 vs. Moosejaw_Charge 205: Each player has a Giants skill position player left: Ahmad Bradshaw for Inaction and Hakeem Nicks for the Charge. Both players capable of having great or terrible games, so anything is possible. However, it seems highly likely that Inaction continues to do what he needs to try to sneak into the playoffs.

My opinion: The Giants DEF has scored 18 or more points 3 out of the 4 weeks they've played since scoring 12 against Washington. I think the Giants are going to begin to make a late season surge that starts with the Defense and I'm willing to bet that they come through tonight, clinching the final spot for Simarils. Championship Seeding and Wildcard/Dummies for Ransac fighting for the last Consolation Bracket spot.

Projected Standings:

*1. TomBStoners: 10-3
*2. The Takklemaggots: 9-4
*3. Ransac's Maniacs: 9-4
*4. Simarils: 9-4
5. Inaction in Action: 7-6
6. Dwarven Miners: 7-6
7. DF's Warriors: 5-8
8. Wildcard: 4-9
9. Dummies for Ransac: 4-9
10. Moosejaw Charge: 1-12

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Ransac -- Thanks for putting the detailed summary together. It nicely captures the playoff picture (dim though it may be for myself and Spiderman).

I will continue to hold out hope that RGIII and Morris can slice and dice the Giants defense...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, thanks Ransac. And while I know it's certainly possible, with my luck this year, this could be when Morris falters so I'm crossing my fingers...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So Morris did his part (I was a bit worried at the half!). So it looks like Simarls and Inaction in Action need to lose and I need to win to get in? Is that right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So I did my part, but disappointed in Simarls and Inaction in Action... ;)

So now I gotta strive for 5th place...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Good prediction. Simple and correct. You're so smart.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
And then there were four.

Inaction in Action and Dwarven Miners did what they needed to do by winning out, but Simarils put the nail in the coffin by finally coming away with that last win he needed.

The Consolation bracket is as follows:

#5 Inaction in Action (rokapoke) vs. #8 Wildcard (train): These two teams played in week 6, where both teams put up impressive numbers, though Wildcard walked away with a 360-327 victory (Dummies for Ransac was the only other team to score higher than IiA that week). However, the past five weeks has favored rokapoke, who is on a 5 game winning streak; WC has lost 4 of 5. Currently, Inaction in Action is a 70+ points favorite, but the week is still young:

Prediction: Inaction in Action

#6 Dwarven Miners (Spiderman) vs. #7 DF's Warriors (Darth Ferret): After being fairly inconsistent all season long, Spider strung together a winning streak that started one week too late. Like the other Conso-matchups, these two teams only met once this season, when the lower seeded Warriors won by a margin of 298-266. Since that week 6 win, DF has only approached that scoring output twice. The two teams have scored similarly during that team, with Spidey averaging 271 ppg to DF's ~261 ppg. However, it's hard to argue against the hot team. Currently only a 25 point favorite, my pick is...

Prediction: Dwarven Miners

And now, for the Playoffs!!!!

#2 The Takklemaggots (turgy22) vs. #3 Ransac's Maniacs (Ransac): Ransac pretty much rolled over and died in their week 6 matchup, when the Maniacs put up their second lowest score of the season in a 266-196 loss. Since then, both teams have only suffered 3 losses and their scoring average in that span is very close (Ransac ~270 - turgy22 ~264). Both teams beat the top-ranked TomBStoners and lost to some underperforming teams, so this is the one of the matchups to watch this week; indeed, this is currently the closest projection, with The Takklemaggots edging out a 269-267 advantage on Tuesday. Being involved in this matchup, I'm a little biased. Both teams have stud QB's and a top offensive player on IR on their benches. The difference may come to whether or not Ransac's RB's can outplay turgy22's RB's. I'm not one to shy away from a close matchup, so I'll thick-headedly predict...

Prediction: Ransac's Maniacs

#1 TomBStoners (TomB) vs. #4 Simarils (Melkor): These two teams are projected to have the two highest scoring outputs of any teams this week, with TomB holding a 318-296 advantage. In their Week 6 matchup, TomB beat Melkor despite scoring his third lowest scoring output. Indeed, TomB has been the class of the league all season with a mind-boggling scoring average that just misses 300 ppg (~296). Melkor limped into the playoffs, coming off of a two game skid to best the week-low DF's Warriors to secure that last spot. All that aside, both teams have fantastic players: Manning vs. Brees; Foster vs. Martin; Charles and Gore vs. Forte and Jackson. The scoring potential is high but notice this stat: Simarils hasn't scored higher than 272 points in the last five weeks. In that span, TomB hasn't scored lower than 274. The evidence is clear to me. I have to pick:

Prediction: TomBStoners

Interesting fact: All matchups this week only played each other once all season..... and they all occurred in week 6.

Ransac, cpa trash man