website options

T

theorgg

I beleve I have their Home phone number from a year ago...
mabe I could pay him a call...pun intended.

I hope he's just been buisy, but if that's not the case, I'll have to try somting else.

you can't get into legle trouble by calling, can you?

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

Z

Zadok001

Sounds good to me... Mostly.

One minor difficulty. We still don't know WHY Doust has abandoned us. I can't defend what he's done, no one can, but we need to be certain this isn't a major mistake. I want to get at least one response from SOMEONE telling me exactly what happened. If we can't get that, then we don't know whether or not we're doing the right thing.

I'd like to repeat a question asked earlier as well. Does anyone know Doust's home address? This would be the perfect way to let him know we mean buisness. He gets 4 or 5 letters from various founders, he figures out that screwing us is really bad mistake. Anyone know his address?

Anyway, I might not be able to post for a while. My parents have begun remodeling the house, which means my electricity, cable, DSL line, network cable, and phone line die at random intervals. If I disappear for a while, that's where I went.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Ferret

Staff member
I like the idea of trying to get Doust to get back to us - even if it's a threat of discrediting him. Personaly, I've had it w/ New Wave. I don't want to be part of them anymore. I tried to keep the faith as long as possible, but I feel like we've been seriously screwed by him.

What I think would make a good article would be one advertising our site and mentionning how due to circumstance beyond our control we were not able to make it part of the New Wave family. I think it would be nice if we mentionned Doust in a good light about how he made the offer, but said that we decided to not go w/ New Wave when the communications ceased. There's no need to mention the monetary losses or try to make it sound like he's an uncaring thief. That could lead to lawsuits and I'd rather avoid that if we can help it...

-ferret

"...although, it would look cool to show how 'big business likes to screw the Casual Player...'"

B

Baron Sengir

Agreed. I don't want to get sued either. I'll take these suggestions into consideration and try to have a letter up for your approval sometime today.

I remain
The Baron
God, I hate midterms ...

C

Child of Gaea

Sorry guys, I have been away on a trip to Minneapolis and have not been here for awhile. IMO, this goes back to my first post on going with someone other than Newwave. If going with TMOB (still wondering what the abbreviation stands for) means that we have to work a little harder for recognition than we would if we went with a bigger site, than I am all for it. We will have earned it and we will not have to worry about contracts or anything else that could put us at a disadvantage. Tony should write the letter since he has been the only one who has had actual conversations with Doust. He has been a thief to this point and even though Ferret was the only one who had his money stolen we have all had something stolen from us. This should be made public, especially if after threatening him he still does not respond. My question is this: What if after threatening him he graciously and humbly asks us for forgiveness and reinstates his original offer. We will have more of an upperhand for negotiations then and would probably be able to work a little better contract than originally planned. I like everyone else am very pissed off at the bastard but all this aside he still has the most resources and recognition. I am trying to think of this from a pure business sense, and if he has lost respect from us and we have something that can discredit him he will be more obliged to go with our ideas. We could possibly rape him in return for him raping us. Do not just take these ideas and blow them off even though we are all pissed, because from a business sense this could all have been a good thing for us even with the loss of momentum. Please respond before we jump into going with someone else.

Child

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I like it Tony. Just so you should know, it was actually $119. And you might want to capitalize New Wave. Especially since you're writing to them.

That aside, it's great!

-mike

Y

Young Jedi

Hey everyone. Igfett and I have been busy with school and other stuff. I have also been busy with my site. I just read about you guys being hosted by CCGNews. I think you should at least mail Ray about it. If you haven't noticed, he accepted my site into the network which is awesome

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think that sums it up, Baron. I'm confused about something though - What was the $119 for in the first place? Is that how much it costs to register a domain? Or was some of that a fee to New Wave? Does Doust owe us something (besides an explanation!), or was he just going to re-imburse us for the outlay when/if he gave us the site?

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

Ferret

Staff member
Tony, I really liked the letter. If they even read it it should make a nice impact. For the record it was only $119 of my money that went into it, but you might want to mention that the money was put up with the good faith that it would be reimbursed to us.

I figure we get back to TMOB as soon as possible and agree to put our site up w/ them. They may be smaller than New Wave, but who knows, With our help we might make them bigger!

What I'd really like to do is give Doust a week to reply and then go public and send a nice Article to The Dojo saying how we go screwed. Doust has been publicly attacked there before and the bad blood between their two sites might help stir up some controversy. I'm still no fan of The Dojo, but I like any oportunity to let people know how Doust decided to screw the CPA.

-ferret

"...I usually don't hold grudges, but in this case I'll happily make an exception..."

Ferret

Staff member
BTW, TomB, the $119 was to secure the site. We sort of own casualplayers.org right now...

-ferret

"...our little piece of the World Wide Web..."

B

Baron Sengir

Okay guys, here goes nothing:

Mr. Doust:

I am writing on behalf of the Casual Players Alliance. Once again, we find ourselves waiting to hear from you. We would like to know exactly what is going on.

We were under the impression that we had a deal. Newwave was going to sponsor our website. We put up two hundred dollars of our own money to get a domain secured because we were told that newwave was going to reimburse us. More importantly, we put our faith in you. After all this waiting, that is the thing that bothers us the most. We trusted you and have nothing to show for it.

We have decided as a group to go with another company for our website. They will provide us with all that we need and can guarantee us a significant number of visitors daily. We are not sure we would like to be affiliated with a company that must be too busy to reply to a single e-mail. We have waited too long for an explanation. I hope that you respond to this. We just want to know what happened. The Casual Players Alliance feels that we have been shortchanged and would really like to know why. The CPA, a group that started with so much momentum, has slowed down considerably because we have been waiting for a response, any response, from Newwave. God only knows what this delay has cost us. We are recovering significantly now and are in the process of recapturing what we had before Newwave turned its back on us.

All we request from your company now is an explanation as to why all of this happened. If newwave decides to continue to pretend that the Casual Players Alliance doesn't exist, then I guess we'll see you online.

I just hope that we can figure out this whole mess like gentlemen so there is no bad blood between our organizations. Thank you for your time.

I remain
Anthony Scott
Proud Member, Casual Players Alliance

LMK what you guys think.

B

Baron Sengir

K, guys. If no one else has any objections, I'll take your suggestions, modify the letter and get it to Captain Ripoff of the S.S. Newwave.

I remain
The Baron
Swarthy pirate captain of the H.M.S. Buttnugget

Ferret

Staff member
Amazing how our emotions can turn around so fast about one man...but, we tried to keep the faith w/ him. We honestly believed in him...it doesn't matter. Karma will catch up w/ Mr Doust. We probably won't have to do a thing...

-ferret

"...although, encouraging Casual Players to NOT buy from New Wave would be nice..."

Z

Zadok001

Question... Do we still intend to post something on the Dojo, etc, about what happened with Newwave?

Oh, and one other thing... I'm curious, does anyone have a clue what Doust's motives are? Put simply, his actions are entirely incomprehinsible. If he wanted $119, surely there are better ways to go about getting it. It seems like a rather over-complex scam to earn a few bucks. So, if his motives weren't monetary, what does that leave? Pure, unblemished idiocy?

(Orgg, I think you could come up with a cool conspiracy related to this. Do tell.
)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Ferret

Staff member
Well, he never got our money, did he? Mike (Ed), we were just securing the site for our own use, right? I think Doust just said he'd reimburse us...that's why I'm not so worried about the money. It still served the purpose of getting us our domain...now, we just need a place to put it.

-ferret

"...I'm not ready to slam New Wave until we have the site..."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Correct, Doust never got any money from us. All he has gained is being proud of screwing us over.

And about the site, Baron said he wanted to talk to TMOB, so am I correct in assuming that you have been contacting them?

-mike

B

Baron Sengir

I sent an e-mail but never got one back. I don't know if they got it and just didn't reply or if the janky server here on campus ate it again. I'll try and send another one later today.

I remain
The Baron
Wishing I had a room off campus ...

Ferret

Staff member
Just do what I do: send another one and appologise in advance if it's a duplicate

-Ferret

"-Ferret"

D

Dune Echo

Baron: Give TMOB a few days, okay? Chuck does have a store to run, but he's always given me a reply within a few days at the most. He takes his customers very seriously from my experience.

If you want Baron, if you send me that email, I'll send it to them in case it's not reaching them. Or I can contact them in case your email is having problems, if you want. Just give me a heads up if they aren't talking to you because the dealings I've had with Chuck would indicate that that isn't a normal behaviour. (Ferret!!!! You're infecting my writing! I never spell behavior that way!)

Keep me informed. Or I can write them myself if anyone has any particular questions.

------------------
Dune Echo

...letting the whole world know everything.

W

Waubers

Yee Haw isn't web Commerce fun!

Here's a suggestion,
Appeal to the masses!
Screw Doust - obviously he thinks he has bigger fish to fry. I think that we should be appealing to as many Hosts as we can. Get a hold of ccgnews.com and TOMB, and anyone else you can.
Get a backup plan - here's some I came up with
A. I think we should price getting our own domain. Even if it is just a cover domain and the site is stored somewhere else.
B. Screw a website. Just stick to the the UBB and keep refining it till it works perfect (its already pretty close). I personnaly like the small feel of the site. Maybe instead of a website get a good mailing list going.

These are jsut a few ideas. If anything is going to happen with the CPA we have to take the inititive. We can't wait for anyone else. Lets face it 2+ months went bye before any action reguarding the site has happened.

Some things to think about,
Waubers

I think i just downloaded in my pants