Multani's Political Corner.

G

Gumby Khan

Well, what definition of independent you want to compare Taiwan to? They receive no economical or political support from other nations. Their exports and GNP seem to sustain them, they publically express their hatred of political interference by any other country, and the Taiwanese are too proud to be someone's puppet, I believe. In the general sense of the word, I think Taiwan is independent. Luckily, we have missions there from here quite often and I could catch a ride to visit one day, but my funds are so low that it won't be anytime soon. :(

H

Hawaiian mage

How come everyone knows all about Tiawan except me?

Maybe becuase I was born after nam.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard
I know nothing about tiawan either. I guess these people watch CNN or other news channels because i never see anything about tiawan on the nightly news.

I

Inyatha

Independent is not the word I'm looking for. More like, "Autonomous". Taiwan will never be independent. It can either A>Declare independence and get bombed or B>Become part of China and not get bombed. I can understand America's attachment to Taiwan. Their labor is cheaper than the US's.

C

Cateran Overlord

yes, I am a Christian, and yes, I do believe all of that "crap". Yet I also take into account what CT says about judging. Note that the only colors I play in Magic are black and red, the "evil" colors. Do I think Im going to Hell? No (at least, not for that :D ). It's just a game. If you're an Atheist, then fine, I'm not about to go around preaching on streetcorners, I simply dislike having nothing to believe in other than myself, who is ALWAYS trustworthy. I'm not here for religious discussion, as it will NEVER get anywhere. In terms of religion, you believe what you believe, and I can't change that about anyone.

Good to know there are other members of the GOP here though :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Multani that the UN does not recognize Afghanistan's Taliban government because there was an article last week in the Washington Post about how the Afghanistans were trying to get into the summer Olympics and if your government is not recognized by the UN then you can't attend.

Now being a member, I have no idea. I have no idea how the UN works. Is Taiwan not a member of the UN or is it just not recognized? Maybe someone (not me! :)) should find a current membership list (and other statuses) of the UN.