maniac en-kor

J

jackal_pup

thinking of making an old school maniac en-kor deck, was looking around at some deck lists and came up with this. I also added in the idea of the daru spiritualist/en-kor/about face combo, I figured it fit fairly well as it uses most of the same cards and en-kors coupled with daru spiritualist is nearly invincible. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions... So far it's only existed in my head and in a SimpleText document, but here's what I got so far:

4x mogg maniac
4x warrior en-kor
3x nomads en-kor
4x daru spiritualist
4x Shaman En-Kor

4x earthquake
2x fling
4x seething song
3x about face
4x lightning bolt
3x Martyrdom

1x sol ring
10x mountain
10x plains

60 cards total

any suggestions?

L

Limited

I played a similar deck for a while (until people got fed up with it)..
It was tweaked for multiplayer, so I added 4x Sigil of the New Dawn. Allows you to return the Mogg Maniac to your hand. Instead of Earthquake's I used Starstorm (gets rid of pesky flying creatures) and played some silver knights so you don't loose any creatures to your own burn if you don't have a Maniac.

I would drop the Seething Song and Fling and add four lands..

And for fun, I added two Magmasaurs.. nice combo with the sigil.

E

Exaulted_Leader

One or two Starlit Sanctums and one or two Test of Endurance?

It's cheesy, but it's an easy alternate win condition.

EDIT: Maybe Pariah as opposed to Martyrdom? It's a little more splashable, and some good when on a Spiritualist.

Instead of Earthquake's I used Starstorm (gets rid of pesky flying creatures) and played some silver knights so you don't loose any creatures to your own burn if you don't have a Maniac.

I would drop the Seething Song and Fling and add four lands..
I would disagree with a bit of this.

Earthquake is cheaper than Starstorm, and while it doesn't hit fliers, it DOES hit players - which is a huge plus for this deck. Silver Knight is pretty unnecessary - you'll never lose more than one guy to a huge 'quake anyway (the Spiritualist is a good outlet for excess damage).

Seething Song will create gigantic 'quakes, and create them soon - which, again, is a good thing. I'd leave them alone. Flings can probably go, though (it'll be pretty rare to see a Fling, Spiritualist, About Face and an en-Kor within a reasonable timeframe).