Which Legend would you say is truely Legendary in Multiplayer?

R

Reverend Love

In my group there's no contest. It’d go to the big nasty,

Multani, Maro Sorcerer of DESTRUCTION!

Whom is ALWAYS accompanied by his sidekick the wonderful ability, TRAMPLE! It's like Beavis and Butthead these two. You can deal with one or the other..but not both. To sweet'n the deal trample’s second cousin once removed, Card Drawing usually makes a few cameo appearances during the night. Add on the fact Multani, Unholy Tree Wizard can’t be targeted and you’ve got an intoxicating mixture of “Ooh this isn’t good….crap it just got worse…..what!? I’m so screwed…this game is over.” Shifting about on your opponents faces.

When smugly hitting the kitchen table which Legend would you say is truly deserving of it's creature type in YOUR playing group?

...yea yea I'm blatantly trolling for good ideas.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My group doesn't play with too many Legends... and definitely none that are game-breaking. Yet... (one guy wants to build a Dragon deck and also a Weatherlight theme deck).

One guy did get out 3 Scions of Darkness though - that was pretty cool.

T

train

If everyone was going to be running Legends, I'd just run Tsabo Tavoc, in a B/R deck...

C

Captain Caveman

I think Kamahl is the most powerful FFA Legend. Silvo's is pretty
awesome too.

Type 2 might be Braid's

Extended: ? (Squee)

R

Rooser

You talking multiplayer?

Multani, hands-down. All other suggestions are stupid/ignorant EVEN Tsabo and/or Visara, since Multani can't be the target of spells or abilities.

Multani is the only way I've seen somebody win a siege game.

Multani, Multani, Multani, best multiplayer legend ever. Especially after you cast Sunder.

Braids comes in second, since that's a lot of sacrificing going on, but braids can be killed by Lightning bolt, shock, swords to plowshares, terminate, pyroclasm, incinerate, volcanic hammer and about a million other one-or-two casting cost spells.

R

Reverend Love

Spiderman

Does your group play strictly by type 2 formats, because otherwise it's likely you guys are missing out on some great cards. The Invasion Dragons are fantastic, along with some of the recent Legends as well. Seeing someone dump 8 mana into Druid Kamahl has become a regular occurrence with my group.

Captain Caveman

Overrun or Lightning Bolt Kamahl?

T

train

I'm pretty sure it's

"Kamahl, the Mad Fistings, of Krosa!..."

T

Troll

If we're talking Legendary Permanants, my vote goes to SHivan Gorge. Whenever one hits the board, they start bitching. That card has prolly killed more people and done more damage than any other single card. If we're talking Legendary creatures, Multani or Dromar (for his Wash-Out ability),we also use Visera a lot.

C

CrazyMongrel

multani with dragon fangs...or even jareth as an eternal blocker

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Reverend Love
Spiderman

Does your group play strictly by type 2 formats, because otherwise it's likely you guys are missing out on some great cards. The Invasion Dragons are fantastic, along with some of the recent Legends as well. Seeing someone dump 8 mana into Druid Kamahl has become a regular occurrence with my group.
We play "Type 1", at least in regards to the Banned/Restricted List, but no one really has any of the power cards. I probably have the only one and that's the Library of Alexandria.

That one guy trying to build a Dragon deck is "collecting" the Invasion dragons and one guy has Kamahl (I think) but they haven't really used it. They're not really cut-throat players; they just play for fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not for a long while... ;)

I've told this before but it's worth telling again...

I originally got it from a mail-store back when Zak Dolan won the first championship and I was trying to figure out his deck. Got it for $20 and I thought it was an exorborant price back then. I'm stunned that it has reached >$100 but I suppose it's worth it :)

C

Captain Caveman

Better late than never

Captain Caveman

Overrun or Lightning Bolt Kamahl?

Overrun Kamahl.

"Multani, hands-down. All other suggestions are stupid/ignorant EVEN Tsabo and/or Visara, since Multani can't be the target of spells or abilities."

That's a pretty stong opinion and you might be right but Kamahl's
Overrun ability can boost all your guys and/or take out your
opponents land(s) via WoG, Quake, etc.

All opinions are welcome at the CPA.

:D

R

Rooser

Oh, please, like I don't understand the social contract at the CPA. I wasn't ACTUALLY saying all other suggestions were stupid.

No, Multani's still the best. You pay 6 mana ONCE and you've got something big enough to kill off any player of your choice, and it's pretty easy to give it trample and/or flying even though he's untargetable. Multani is much harder to get of f the table than any other Legend.

Sure, Kamahl is good, but you have to keep feeding him mana.

N

Nightstalkers

Ahem, unlimited mana elf deck of course...

:rolleyes:

Elves are so myschievous

I

Istanbul

Never underestimate the power of Hanna, Ship's Navigator to recycle those Seals that are so fun.

And if we're going for legendary permanents, mad respect to Legacy Weapon. "Don't touch me."

And don't forget Akroma, Toolbox of Wrath.

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm...

Always liked using Legacy Weapon and that crystal land thing...