Rarity versus Release

C

Crazy Pierre

Ok, here is an ideal draw.
Turn 1 Forest Jaguar
Turn 2, Forest, Seal of Strength Seal of Strength (tapping forest)
Attack for 8, down to 12 on 2nd turn
Turn 3, attack, Giant Growth Giant Growth down to 4, pretty much dead by turn 4, assuming goldfish....

A

Apollo

You don't kill them with the burn, as the misguided Multani suggested. You use a $.10 Incinerate on that Boa in response to the Rancor, and both fizzle. Then cast a few red guys and stomp them, using burn to clear out whatever he sticks in the way.

Apollo

E

enkor

Multani:

yes stompy can win by fourth turn.

T1:
forest, wild dogs
end of opponents turn Dryad.

T2:
forest, rancor ,rancor
beat for 7

T3:
Cradle, Might of oaks,
B
beat for 14, win on turn three.

A

Apollo

We're not talking about perfect draws. Burn can kill by turn three as well. Lots of people talk about perfect draws and ideal kills, but 99% of the time it won't happen. What is important is how often you will win, whether an average draw will beat the opposing deck. Not how fast you could win if you draw 3 bolts, a Fireblast, a Sonic Burst, and a chain lightning plus three mountains. Sigh.

Apollo

H

Hellion

It's down to building a deck that gets consistent draws. To date, the most consistent decks are stompy, burn and rebel.

A good deck builder also knows how to build consistent decks. Actually att ehe end of the day, it is who has the most consistent deck who wins, not who has the better deck

D

Duel

you guys with your third turn kilss sound a little like newbies. I remember facing a guy at a card store with an infinite recurrence combo with junk divers. He claimed I didn't stand a chance because once the combo was out, there was no way to stop him.

Using 4 non-infinite, non combo, non counterspell decks, I beat him. He finally got his combo off game 5. then I beat him again.

It's all about the deck, not the individual cards. You guys want a guarenteed win with an illegal deck? try 25 ancestral recalls, 25 lightning bolts, and 10 black lotuses. It wins, trust me.