New Format: Single-Set Singleton

turgy22

Nothing Special
Here are the rules:
1) 60 card decks
2) No more than 1 of any individual card, except basic lands
3) All cards must be chosen from the same set

I kind of stumbled across this when trying to come up with a way to make games against Arena's AI a little more fun & competitive.
Power levels of decks will be comparable to those in draft, but it takes the randomness out of your card choices, providing an opportunity to play with some of the synergies in the various formats in a more controlled manner.
I also like that you don't have to spend hours poring over cards to create something competitive in the format.

If anyone's interested in giving it a go, let me know and pick a set.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Just pick a set. It's completely arbitrary, so whatever you desire.
But I think the format will be best balanced and most enjoyable if both decks are built using the same set, so if you let me know which one you'd like to use, I'll build a competing deck using the same set.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I'm so out of it for the past two years, but I guess this is a good way to get back into it, right? 😂

turgy22

Nothing Special
Man, I'm so out of it for the past two years, but I guess this is a good way to get back into it, right? 😂
Yeah, if you're interested.
If you aren't familiar with the AFR mechanics, we could go with an older set, like Dominaria or War of the Spark or one of the Core Sets.
Could even try a "block" singleton and combine Guilds of Ravnica with Ravnica Allegiance or the Ixalan sets.
I'm not picky, I'm just trying to get a game going. Since the card pool is relatively limited, it shouldn't take too long to come up with decks and hopefully the power level will be pretty well-balanced.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
We should do Ultimate Masters! It was a power-packed set with a bunch of cool stuff from all over the history of the game.

turgy22

Nothing Special
We should do Ultimate Masters! It was a power-packed set with a bunch of cool stuff from all over the history of the game.
:D I'm not sure how much synergy there is between the cards in Ultimate Masters, but I'll give it a go. Give me a few days to put a deck together.

Anyone else want to join in for a multiplayer game? I'm up for duels, as well, if anyone wants to try a different set.