Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Next round...

-The Power Phase is 6. Throg becomes overwhelmed by the surge of magical energy and drops to his knees.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
desolateroots07.png
Image looks a bit weird here. Been a while since I did it this way, so I forgot what settings I used. Anyway...

Throg: 29/29
Dorgath: 16/25
Carrow: 17/17
Tyresius: 20/20
Kelgar: 18/19
Tomas: 13/21
Revaethan: 18/18
Jekaena: 14/14
Wight 1: 14/14
Wight 2: 11/14
Wight 3: 14/14
Wight 4: 14/14
Crypt Keeper: 11/20

W=wight
G=crypt keeper

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will continue to fight by attacking the wight standing next to him, hoping for better luck with his attacks... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Jekaena, heal Tomas!"

Dorgath moves into the space to the right of the Crypt Keeper and attempts to finish it off.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"What? Hmmmm... I guess a few arrows couldn't hurt."
"Why does it smell so bad? Jekaena , I am not going in there until the air clears"
Carrow will shoot at the Wight to the right of the Crypt Keeper

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I been wearing them since 3rd grade. I feel like I'm blind without them, so yeah, I get it...🥴

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath's Great Axe restores 1 Wound.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores 1 Wound (18/25).

-Jekaena casts Finger of Life on Tomas (fizzles).

-Jekaena casts Finger of Life on Tomas, restoring 5 Wounds.
-Jekaena casts Finger of Life on Tomas, fully restoring his Wounds (21/21).
-Tomas draws 3 POW from his Chalice of Sorcery.
-Tomas sustains damage as the Chalice of Sorcery saps his life force (15/21).

-Tomas casts Glory!
-Tomas casts Glory!

-Kelgar casts Power of Sigmar, healing himself (19/19) and Tomas (17/21).
-Carrow shoots a wight (12/14).

-Carrow shoots a wight in the head (8/14).
-Carrow botches his shot and totally fails to hit his target.
-Carrow plants another arrow in the neck of his target (5/14).

-Carrow shoots the wight in the chest. It begins to slump, but remains standing (1/14).
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist (3 combined Move + Attacks).

-Revaethan swings a sword at a wight, but trembles in Fear and misses his mark.
-Revaethan cleaves part of a wight's skull (8/14).
-Revaethan hacks into a wight (4/14).
-Revaethan hefts another sword-blow, but his target deflects the blade.
-Revaethan cuts down wight.
-Revaethan's death-blow swings wide of the nearby crypt keeper.

-Revaethan slashes at the crypt keeper, but his trembling puts him at a disadvantage. The undead monster easily sidesteps his attack.
-Throg manages to stand up, but not to attack anything.
-Dorgath moves in alongside Revaethan and heaves his axe. He loses his balance and totally fails to pose a threat to the undead on his first strike.

-Dorgath swings his axe. The crypt keeper parries his attack with surprising precision.
-Dorgath charges at the crypt keeper, but it deftly trips him up.
-Dorgath chops a crypt keeper's hips (7/20).
-Dorgath kicks the crypt keeper. Its cursed armor absorbs the force of the attack.
-Dorgath punches the air a few feet from the crypt keeper. The undead is unimpressed by this display.
-Dorgath slams into the crypt keeper with a gauntlet attack (2/20).

-Dorgath uppercuts the crypt keeper so hard that it doesn't even have time to fall apart until after its body tumbles to the floor.
-Ty smacks a wight with his morningstar (8/14).

-Ty stabs a wight with his fist-spike (6/14).
-Ty raises his morningstar, but the wight blocks it.
-Ty stabs the wight again (3/14).
-Ty impales a wight on his fist spike and flings its crumbling remains aside as his fist spike takes him into the position that the monster occupied.
-Ty pivots on his toes and clobbers the wight that Carrow filled with arrows, smashing it to pieces as his knuckle-dusters and morningstar simultaneously make impact.
-Ty's deathblow fails to connect on the last wight.
-Ty kicks the wight in the ribs (9/14).
-Ty hops up and lands a knee-strike on the wight (5/14).
-Ty pulls the wight into a clinch and crunches its face with another knee-strike (1/14).

As the fight seems to be over, Ty slides away from the last remaining wight, which somehow remains upright, despite the beating he just administered. Everyone watches, exhausted, as the wight seizes Ty by the neck. Meanwhile, Kelgar has been advancing toward the wight. He snaps the monster's arm off. His eyes glimmer with the power of Sigmar as he swings the Hammer of Spite in a huge arc, pinning the wight to the wall. "Begone, fiends!" the priest shouts. As he pulls his hammer free, the light of Sigmar briefly illuminates the chamber. The undead have all been destroyed.

-Kelgar looks pretty impressive for a second there. Seeing that the undead are vanquished, he smiles and chuckles, knowing that the hard-fought battle is over. Then his Ring of Jade backfires and saps life from Tomas and Dorgath instead of healing them.

"Oops! Sorry, sorry."

Last edited:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"By Grimner's Axe! Watch where you're pointing that thing!"

Dorgath searches the chamber for loot among the remains.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath quickly ascertains that the chest with the glint of gold in the corner of the room is the legitimate article, and there's plenty of gold to go around. After everyone catches their breath and collects their spoils of victory, the following items in the room are identified.

-Magic key. Dorgath recalls a lock that appeared to match this key: the one on the portcullis he recently saw blocking his path.
-Cape of Cornwall: the wearer of this cape is immune to most traps. Worth 750 gold.
-Codex of the Magus: this book can be used to learn new spells. Value uncertain.
-Potion of Power: drinking this potion gives 1D6 POW for spellcasting for one turn. Worth 50 gold.
-Potion of Flying: drinking this potion grants Flight for one turn with 1D6+2 extra Move. Worth 150 gold.
-10x Magic Potion: drinking this potion will make something magical happen (to the person who drinks it). Worth 60 gold.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tomas rifles through the necromancer's notes. He burns a few items in disgust, but takes particular note of some scrawlings.

"
Well, maybe we're getting more answers here. This guy was working for Orm, a name we've run into before. Powerful necromancer. He also mentioned Khaligri, and Darenaeok. Those two were working for Orm, but we killed them both."

Revaethan corrects him.

"We totally killed Khaligri. I stabbed her with both of my swords, but she was tough. She stood back up and erected a magical barrier. We all surrounded the barrier and hit it, then Ty clobbered her to death. But Darenaeok? Wasn't it that Imperial noble who killed him?"

"Right. Otto Rolhannes blew him up. Either way, they're both taken care of. Based on these notes, there's also Jekaena's cousin, Coril. He was recruited by Khaligri, and he's still alive, probably under these tree roots like us. The necromancer's notes here also mention someone named Hurzevarkh, another dark elf. I think he's probably the leader of Orm's agents here in Loren. No mention of Nayadra, the witch we fought. No mention of Arjen, the teleporting assasssin. No mention of Nazzrakin, the other name we heard when we reached the tree. I'm betting those guys were all working for the Witch King of the dark elves. We're still not sure if the two factions are knowingly cooperating or if one is just manipulating the other..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I'm gonna need a recap of what's been happening because this is spanning a couple years 😂

"I'll take the cape? Unless someone is dying to have it... The rest seem more geared towards with spell casting inclinations..."