Magic Memories: Wheel of Fortune

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I love Wheel. But eighty bucks? I had to verify that, but you're correct. Crazy. I never play my beat up copy, but this one has been through a lot.
While we're here, I'll note that it's now $225. I blame people catching on that it's good in EDH.

Anyway, I was about to post about the new "Wheel of Misfortune" card in the Underworld Dreams thread, but really, it's a better fit here. Earlier, I talked about Wheel knockoffs and how none of them are sufficient, Reforge the Soul being closest to playable. Since I wrote about how bad most Draw7 cards are compared to the classics, we did get a playable Timetwister knockoff in Echo of Eons.
1604338954450.png

This has been one of my favorite cards. I love it and it's probably the best Timetwister knockoff since Timetwister. But that's Timetwister. Wheel of Fortune hasn't really gotten anything promising, until now. We just got a new spoiler, in Japanese, of a card that shows real promise...

Wheel of Misfortune
2R
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a number. Then reveal those numbers. “Wheel of Misfortune” deals damage equal to the greatest number chosen to the players that chose it. Then each player who didn’t choose the minimum number discards their hand, and draws 7 cards.

I suspect that the translation is a bit off, but that's close enough to give us the idea. It's interesting, but also more difficult to evaluate than something like Reforge the Soul. I'm not sure how good it might be...

Ferret

Staff member
With the prevalence of mill decks these days, this card would be great for - and against them.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
With the prevalence of mill decks these days, this card would be great for - and against them.
I mean, maybe? Let's say you're playing a mill deck. What number do you choose for this card? and let's say you're playing against a mill deck. What number do you choose then?