The Comboist Manifesto Discussion Thread

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting the article Spidey! And thank you Oversoul, for the news on the updated Winter Orb. Makes me want to try and reassemble my old Freezer Burn deck...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hey, guess what. I know it's been forever, but...

New article submitted! Actually, a couple of them. A few. Five, really. No more than that. I mean, it was all one thing, but I split it up because it was too long. You'll see. I mean, I assume you'll see.

Psarketos had his chance to take over the front page, but now I'm back!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I got them. You sent them via email, right? Can you send it via Inbox, especially if you split them up?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I sent them to the same Yahoo! email address I sent the other Comboist Manifesto articles to. But it's been nearly two years since those. Maybe you changed email addresses and I didn't know or forgot about it?

Can you send it via Inbox
Not sure what that is.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, still have the same yahoo address. I'll check the spam folder though.

The inbox with conversations, how we PM here now :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I sent it by PM and figured out the (relatively minor) problem with that. The system formats my tags, which means that if I'd copied and pasted them from a PM into the article submission window, they'd be reverted to plaintext and I wouldn't get any bold or italics. I know that's how it was for me back when the article submission window was accessible, so I assume you'd run into the same issue. If you can't get them by email, I can think of a workaround: just copy my message to you, paste it into the window as though you were going to send it back as a message to me in the same conversation, then switch from Rich Text Editor to BB Code Editor and the tags will magically be reapplied, if that makes any sense.

I made each article its own message in the same conversation thread, so there's only one title. When I sent the emailed copies to your Yahoo! account, I had the same title, but with "(part 1)" and so on tacked on after the main title. Couldn't think of anything better at the time, but title them however you want, I guess?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ok, I got them there. So to be clear, these are separate articles, right?
The italicized text at the tops was thrown on as an afterthought so that each one would be clearly denoted as part of a series. Before that I wrote the whole thing in one piece. I broke it up in to five pieces guessing that it'd work out to the about the average length of a CPA article. Some of us (and I mean Turgy) prefer content that is concise while others (and I mean me) are guilty of palaverous proclivities. I figured the pieces I chopped the big thing up into should be of an appropriate size, but didn't really put thought into it. If you want to change the demarcations so that it's more small articles on fewer big ones, go for it. I was totally just making up the demarcations on the fly.

Melkor

Bite size is a little better, sometimes you look at a long article and think "I'll come back to it later" and then, what with today's amazing array of entertainment, you don't

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I *was* going to leave it to Oversoul's decision/preference since he's the author, but as the unwashed masses :p (or couple of people, rather) have expressed their opinion, I'll just post one section a week and stretch it out :)

P

Psarketos

Oversoul, I use Chrome Incognito with its "Paste as plain text" option for messages to Spidey, and it works as long as I pay close attention to how the formatting looks before sending.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I *was* going to leave it to Oversoul's decision/preference since he's the author, but as the unwashed masses :p (or couple of people, rather) have expressed their opinion, I'll just post one section a week and stretch it out :)
So is that starting this week or starting next week?

P

Psarketos

Stormbind was at the core of the second combo deck I ever built, after realizing that combo decks could be built when a friend misunderstood the application of Fire Covenant and inspired me to combine it with Binding Agony for instant speed wins. Before the Wish spells were first printed, I used the Tinder Wall + False Dawn + Enduring Renewal engine that would become the Transcension deck to make unbounded amounts of mana to recurse Pitchstone Wall and a card from hand pitched to Stormbind as the win condition for my Walls deck.