Battlebond

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Looking forward to this. I always liked Two-Headed Giant, although I haven't played it in many years.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ooh, the initial announcement only mentioned "Limited play" and I was thinking like Conspiracy. We don't usually have enough people here to do drafts. But this article says, "either Sealed Deck or Booster Draft." And we could totally do Sealed Deck here...

P

Psarketos

The "don't just win, do stuff with style" part of this announcement gives me some hope. Having seen the schismatic spectrum Commander has become, I feel like Magic needs all the help it can get in that regard. I worry that any game exposed to the collective pressure of the internet becomes purely Spike oriented over time.

T

Terentius

The "don't just win, do stuff with style" part of this announcement gives me some hope. Having seen the schismatic spectrum Commander has become, I feel like Magic needs all the help it can get in that regard. I worry that any game exposed to the collective pressure of the internet becomes purely Spike oriented over time.
Preeeeeach

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oddly, I've mostly encountered negative feedback on Battlebond. With how little information we've gotten so far, I'm suspecting some of that is from Commander players frustrated with the existing "Partner" cards, which tend to dominate.

But I think what we've seen so far looks promising. Hoping this turns out to be a good set. Two-Headed Giant is a great format.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Most of the new cards are probably lackluster in duels but several have potential in team vs. team formats. But the reprints are great.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Most of the new cards are probably lackluster in duels but several have potential in team vs. team formats. But the reprints are great.
Ha, and then after I post that they go and spoil some new cards that have a lot of potential. I regret nothing!

Melkor

I thank you for the reverse karmic jinx on the cards. Looks like a good set, good reprints, like Conspiracy except you don't get the feel bad from the Conspiracy "These cards are only playable in draft" cards